The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-27-2017, 08:48 PM

I have an element in my LG2 and the VTC in my dove. As far as I can tell it is just an element with tone control. I prefer to just have the element because you need more eq than that anyway. When I play the dove I have to make sure my finger is on the right control. Much prefer the element with single volume control and a boss ge7 on the floor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Guild GAD25
Yamaha FG413S / FG200 / FG800
Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
I have an element in my LG2 and the VTC in my dove. As far as I can tell it is just an element with tone control. I prefer to just have the element because you need more eq than that anyway. When I play the dove I have to make sure my finger is on the right control. Much prefer the element with single volume control and a boss ge7 on the floor.

I agree with your opinion on the VTC type controls, kaos. VTC controls are mostly a convenience thing. Folks can get much more EQ control from an outboard device like the GE7 or my Zoom A3 preamp/EFX box. I've also observed that the A3's rotary volume control is a much smoother and more precise control than the little volume wheel on my Anthem SL system. I leave the onboard volume wheel full on and use the A3's volume control to adjust the levels for different playing styles.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post

That is indeed the original Element VTC, but they've now released a model with the Session preamp included, which features compression and saturation. It's a good idea but a subtle effect.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification