The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
Roger that.. It wasn't the battery that made your decision to buy... it was the features and value. I can see why you bought it!

Perhaps JBL will rectify the "problems" and come out with a V2? Or better yet a working V1.

Maybe they are seeing the one's come back to factory and will be able to isolate the issues. Maybe it was just a "bad batch" ?
I sent JBL a detailed email today sharing my experience. Will be interesting to see if they respond.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 12-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
I sent JBL a detailed email today sharing my experience. Will be interesting to see if they respond.
Did they answer your email?
Old 12-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo_ View Post
Did they answer your email?
I was trying to find this thread the other day--would love to know the answer!
Old 12-16-2017, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
I was trying to find this thread the other day--would love to know the answer!
I apparently sent the email to the wrong division and they said I needed to contact someone at a different division. But since I sent mine back, I just dropped it.

I did ask my rep at Sweetwater a month later about other JBL Eon One Pro returns to find out if others had issues. He indicated several others were returned as well.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 12-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I apparently sent the email to the wrong division and they said I needed to contact someone at a different division. But since I sent mine back, I just dropped it.

I did ask my rep at Sweetwater a month later about other JBL Eon One Pro returns to find out if others had issues. He indicated several others were returned as well.
Thank you for that response. It's a shame because the unit checks off a ton of boxes for me, aside from the bonus features reported including random whine, crazy-hot battery and a gain structure that for any louder volume scenarios defeats the purpose of having a built-in mixer.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:18 PM

Default NAD! JBL EON One Pro - Epic FAIL

I did a test of this unit at GC last week. I owned the JBL Eon One and thought it was a decent unit except for the mixer gain staging. Unfortunately, the new unit has the same issues. And, worst of all, it sounds worse than the previous model. I'm sorry, but I would not recommend this unit to anyone based on my brief demo of the Pro and extended use of the standard model.

Last edited by martingitdave; 12-17-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I did a test of this unit at GC last week. I owned the JBL Eon One and thought it was a decent unit except for the mixer gain staging. Unfortunately, the new unit has the same issues. And, worst of all, it sounds worse than the previous model. I'm sorry, but I would not recommend this unit to anyone based on my brief demo.
So sad, I have waited fo 4 month Eon Pro. I was thinking of taking my order off. I do not want to return the product right away. Should buy LD Maui 5 Go. Hope it is a functional device.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I did a test of this unit at GC last week. I owned the JBL Eon One and thought it was a decent unit except for the mixer gain staging. Unfortunately, the new unit has the same issues. And, worst of all, it sounds worse than the previous model. I'm sorry, but I would not recommend this unit to anyone based on my brief demo of the Pro and extended use of the standard model.
Thanks for that. I know this has been commented on at extreme length, but I don't understand why JBL didn't address the gain-staging issue when, wherever I looked, it was described as a weakness of the system--especially puzzling given that its competitors don't appear to have that problem.

I *can* understand other problems like the crazy-hot battery, whine issues and the like, because designing an idea is much easier than executing it across suppliers and production lines. I mean no one likes that and it shouldn't happen with an established company like JBL, but at least it's within human comprehension.

Sorry to hear the sound didn't strike you as equal to that of the Eon One. It does have a smaller woofer and IIRC slightly different cabinet dimensions so you can see why that might happen too.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:54 AM

disappointing that a company like JBL with such a long history in sound reinforcement brought a product to market that was not ready for use... you did have yourself covered at the gig, ahh experience.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:41 AM

Hmm I guess it could of melted like a Samsung galaxy.
or one of those skateboard thingys!! So you were lucky
to be unscathed. Seems to be a lot of battery related issues
In technology these days.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:51 AM

However, I decided to try JBL Eon Pro. The device has finally arrived in Europe and Thoman sent it to me in the coming days. I will test and if bad, then return it back. I give comments within two weeks. If they have corrected the bugs.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:

Send your email to this guy at JBL Pro: [email protected]
Old 12-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Send your email to this guy at JBL Pro: [email protected]
Thank you David. I am composing a message to Everett now. The thing is, I REALLY wanted to love this unit and I got a great discount and wanted to take advantage of the free rolling cover/case. My Duo partner has one and its awesome. There is nothing with the feature set on the market. If ONLY it delivered reliably without issue.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 12-20-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Thank you David. I am composing a message to Everett now. The thing is, I REALLY wanted to love this unit and I got a great discount and wanted to take advantage of the free rolling cover/case. My Duo partner has one and its awesome. There is nothing with the feature set on the market. If ONLY it delivered reliably without issue.
Hope so, that mine will come without issues.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:22 AM

Unhappy

JBL Eon One Pro came today. I tried the device for an hour and then sent it back. I did not generally like sound quality. Sound intensity was generally quiet and bass playback was poor. The battery would have been a good solution for me. Is LD Maui 5 Go better?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification