The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-17-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Pats intercept what would have been the winning TD for the Steelers!

Pats win!!!
OMG...what a finish!
Old 12-17-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
OMG...what a finish!
Amazing!
WooHoo!
Old 12-17-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Pats intercept what would have been the winning TD for the Steelers!

Pats win!!!
Looking at the ESPN stats, the Steelers had a 78.4% chance to win the game with 2:16 left. 90.7% with 11:00 left. I wonder how ESPN comes up with these stats?
Old 12-17-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Looking at the ESPN stats, the Steelers had a 78.4% chance to win the game with 2:16 left. 90.7% with 11:00 left. I wonder how ESPN comes up with these stats?
when are people gonna understand, the Pats never give up!

Just look at the last superbowl. Losing 28-3 late in the 3rd quarter,
Pats tie it up in regulation and win in overtime.
They never gave up.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
when are people gonna understand, the Pats never give up!

Just look at the last superbowl. Losing 28-3 late in the 3rd quarter,
Pats tie it up in regulation and win in overtime.
They never gave up.
You can't count out Brady and the Patriots. Just read a CBS Sports article stating that Brady now has the inside path to MVP given this comeback win and that Wentz (Philly) is out.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Probably from historical data of past games. That's how I would do it.

It's subtle, but Bill being the best coach helps here again. The Steelers burned an unnecessary timeout in the second half. I was watching it with my friends and told them that you should never burn timeouts in the second half unless it's absolutely necessary. That timeout cost them in the end.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Charter Member

Vikings, anyone?
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 12-17-2017, 11:22 PM

Default NFL Week 15

I missed the second half of the Pats game because I went to the movies to watch Star Wars (wife surprise-bought the tickets not thinking it’s football Sunday [emoji23])

Came home just in time to watch the cowboy’s last 8 minutes or so. Carr made a very bonehead move trying to go for the big TD when all he had to do was run out of bounds and be first and 3 yards or so to goal with plenty time left.

And adding some Monday morning quarterbacking, the more I think about it, the more I’m convinced that Carr just doesn’t have “it”. I know in the heat of the moment he wanted the big play, but he must’ve seen that guy coming fast to tackle him, he knew that not only he was unlikely to make it, but he could also get hurt...again. Yet he still went for it, even though there was plenty time on the clock, one time out, and 4 downs at very short yardage if he just went out of bounds. He could’ve run 3 plays, run the clock down, and send the game into overtime as worst case scenario. Like the commentators said, he’s probably still up.

Last edited by 1neeto; 12-18-2017 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:06 AM

Back to Pats/Steelers for a moment... When the season started, I though Romo was a terrible commentator. I couldn't stand to listen to him. But, I've really changed my tune since then. He brings genuine excitement to the game, and the observations he makes a few seconds before snap are often tremendous insights into what's about to happen. He highlights mismatches and alignment issues that have never been pointed out before.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:09 AM

Yowza, all I caught were the last 3 minutes of the Pats game. I guess that's all I needed.

Correct interpretation of a very bad rule. Second time the Pats have benefited this season. The first time, vs the Jets, was an incorrect interpretation of a very bad rule, since you couldn't see any signs of a bobble in that one.

I think if I were a Steelers fan I would have tossed my TV through a window. Of course they still had the ball. Did they really think they were going to take advantage of end game confusion vs the Patriots? That's the only real difference between these teams. One has Belichick, the other has Tomlin.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:21 AM

Best description of the Patriots uncanny ability to pull out games yet, from ESPN:

They lost because the Patriots forever make their opponents play the full 3,600 seconds of football, and the Steelers cracked at the 3,595-second mark, when Roethlisberger's deflected pass into the end zone was caught by Rowe.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:44 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
Vikings, anyone?
Yup....this is the real success story of the nfl season. Hope they get to the title game
Old 12-18-2017, 11:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
Back to Pats/Steelers for a moment... When the season started, I though Romo was a terrible commentator. I couldn't stand to listen to him. But, I've really changed my tune since then. He brings genuine excitement to the game, and the observations he makes a few seconds before snap are often tremendous insights into what's about to happen. He highlights mismatches and alignment issues that have never been pointed out before.
Really agree with this observation.
Romo adds a whole new layer of depth to the commentary. To his credit, he’s found a new calling.
Phil Simms is likely to have understood the game as well, but he never offered up the player insights that Romo does routinely.
You have to pay attention to what he says too, because there are constant nuggets of future accurate predictions in there. Case in point:
Nantz and Romo discussing the game, in the 4th quarter, with the Steelers ahead by eight, 24-16:
Nantz: Tony, what do the Steelers need to do now to finally put this game away?
Romo: They have to remember who they are playing. That means they have to score more points. They need to score again to really take this game away from Tom Brady.

Wild finish. Those 2 teams are neck and neck.
But the Steelers really did need to score again…;-)

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann
Old 12-18-2017, 02:42 PM

As a Steelers homer I'm disappointed that the Jesse James TD catch/not catch was overturned but them's the breaks. The next play was boneheaded though. Spike the ball, kick the FG and go to OT. Jeez. I feel like I just kissed my sister.

BTW, I gotta hand it to Gronk. He is inhuman. Those last few minutes of the 4th quarter were aMAZing.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
As a Steelers homer I'm disappointed that the Jesse James TD catch/not catch was overturned but them's the breaks. The next play was boneheaded though. Spike the ball, kick the FG and go to OT. Jeez. I feel like I just kissed my sister.

BTW, I gotta hand it to Gronk. He is inhuman. Those last few minutes of the 4th quarter were aMAZing.
Well, as a Pats homer I was uncomfortable the whole game. The Steelers seemed to be in complete control of a victory. When the game ended it felt like a miracle the Pats pulled it out. Even watching the after game comments and replays out of Boston news sources I still found myself thinking, "Did that really happen?". I'm still fuzzy about it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic