The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

Maybe they aren't producing destroyers, or preparing for military conflict, but there sure are plenty of dreadnoughts coming from China.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 07-05-2015, 01:23 PM

It's funny that when people care about where do they buy from, some other people make it sound like it's racist.

I don't agree with the minimum pay, the long shift, and lack of any social cover there is some countries. I actually am not happy either with how we have it here in Western Europe, though it's much much better than in some parts of the world.
So I try to not buy, as much as possible, from companies I wouldn't work for!
Old 07-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
Do any of you take into account where guitars are made and try to avoid buying ones made in specific countries due to their business practices, etc.? For example, I am currently trying to avoid buying guitars made in China -- a place I got to know somewhat while working in the electronics industry.
Hi Brian…

No…

Nor cars, nor computers, nor phones, nor food, nor books, nor movies, nor TVs, nor anything else.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 07-06-2015, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Brian…

No…

Nor cars, nor computers, nor phones, nor food, nor books, nor movies, nor TVs, nor anything else.

Well today, if you want a new laptop, phone or tv, you don't have a choice You have to buy from China, Malaysia...

If a large majority of people think like you, so will follow eventually almost everything else. And when there is no jobs left in Europe and the US because everything is made in Asia, you will happily go working yourself in India for 50 dollars a month.

The choices we make as consumers is almost the only power we got left.
All companies who treat people like "animals who eat too much", and move their facilities where there is less/no legislation to make more profit thank you for your contribution.

Last edited by Vinceletah; 07-06-2015 at 06:27 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion