The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-26-2010, 04:47 PM

Default Help

OK... I've been playing in living rooms, porches, basements and garages for a long time---never taking myself too serious. Fast forward 30 years and BAM!!! Internet, digital photography and youtube. Now here I am and am now starting to post a few things on u2'b. Here's Allman Brothers' Melissa.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/socojoma#p/u/0/8fXNo1tJFos

Thankfully, I'm still not taking myself too seriously but I am concerned for my family and friends now that I can actually hear and see what they have seen and heard all these years.,,, and I want to apologize to all of them.

So in the interest of making things a little better for them, I would welcome any suggestions or comments. Heck, even good a joke or two would come in handy at this point. I can see positives in all of this, but I'll refrain.

Thanks,

Marcus

"If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else." -----Yogi Berra

Last edited by jomaco; 01-26-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:17 PM

Congrats' Looks like you are off to a fine start on the internet.
1993 Yair - Alvarez DY99A
2001 Yairi-Alvarez DY-91 SOLD!
2002 Taylor Stock 810 Ltd.
2003 Taylor 855e
2003 Taylor 814ce Fall Ltd
2003 Tradition Jerry Reid Sig. Telecaster
200? Esteban American Legacy (New Owner Lake Chautauqua Lutheran Center)
Old 01-26-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
Congrats' Looks like you are off to a fine start on the internet.

I am. Even tho' everything is fully auto.

"If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else." -----Yogi Berra
Old 01-26-2010, 06:12 PM

Well, I see you're an Andrew White fan as well. And you've picked a great tune of his to cover.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:53 PM

Thanks for looking SS. I am an Andrew White fan and as soon as I can figure out a liitle more about reproducing good sound, I'll delete and repost "Hard Road..."

The sound doesn't seem to be to awful bad while I'm playing, but for the recording, it is bad awful.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 PM

Location: Jackson, LA in body......North Carolina mountains in spirit

Marcus,

Welcome to the new millenium!!! Amazing the technology available now. I remember sitting in my bedroom playing around and recording to my "recordable" 8-track!!! Man, that's been a while!!! Site looks good (I subscribed)!! Keep 'em coming!

BTW......you might want to turn your tuner off while you play....I noticed it going haywire in one of your vids!!!

Somewhere around 200 strings attached to various shapes, sizes, and types of wood. Real P.I.T.A. when it comes time to tune!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud4feet View Post
Marcus,

Welcome to the new millenium!!! Amazing the technology available now. I remember sitting in my bedroom playing around and recording to my "recordable" 8-track!!! Man, that's been a while!!! Site looks good (I subscribed)!! Keep 'em coming!

BTW......you might want to turn your tuner off while you play....I noticed it going haywire in one of your vids!!!

Thanks M4F, the best I ever did was a little micro-cassette thing until now. I do have a Canon mini dvc that is pretty cool and the Zoom MRS8 which is real cool. Problem is I don't know how to sync them together.

I haven't seen the tuner on the guitar yet. I'll have to be more careful about that.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:52 AM
happiness

I like your attitude, Marcus

I'm always a little wary of giving feedback, as I'm far from being an expert myself, and haven't yet ventured into You-Tube myself, but I enjoyed the video, I thought it was a good performance, nice and laid back, which suited the song. If I was going to nit-pick, one thing that slightly bugged me was that the microphone lined up with the neck of the guitar, which just looked a little odd to my eyes, and also partly obscured the guitar, but that's just me being picky!

Fliss
Old 01-27-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliss View Post
I like your attitude, Marcus

I'm always a little wary of giving feedback, as I'm far from being an expert myself, and haven't yet ventured into You-Tube myself, but I enjoyed the video, I thought it was a good performance, nice and laid back, which suited the song. If I was going to nit-pick, one thing that slightly bugged me was that the microphone lined up with the neck of the guitar, which just looked a little odd to my eyes, and also partly obscured the guitar, but that's just me being picky!

Fliss
Thank you Fliss for watching and commenting. I'm not looking for "expert" feedback. Any and all f/b is welcome and helpful and you are right. Now that you have brought it to my attention, it bugs me too (you can't even see "Gibson" on the headstock ). I know I have a long way to go before I'll be satisfied and I appreciate your help.

Marcus

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD