The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

Stunning guitar, Stephen! I'm looking forward to seeing it...
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 09-22-2016, 01:01 PM

Looks great!! Can't wait to play it-
Old 09-22-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Strahm View Post
Thanks Dave! You know it's a long process, for most a life long process. I push myself very hard with each built to learn something new or try something I hadn't before. Step by step you'll get there; and fear not I have my issues too! My door is always open if you need some advice or another person to bounce ideas off of.
Thanks Stephen, I may need to take you up on that in the very near future...
Old 09-28-2016, 06:47 PM

Talking

Today I finished getting my instruments ready for the Santa Barbara Acoustic Instrument Celebration. Left to right I'll have my SBAIC guitar, a ukulele that I made my lovely wife named the "Uke of Love", and a guitar that I made for my dear friend and amazing musician Gretchen Menn about two years ago. Please stop by table C7 if your in attendance and see these beauties in person. Thanks again for all your interest and support. See ya there!

Ps... I'm aware my blinds need cleaning
Old 10-01-2016, 07:20 AM

Day one of the Santa Barbara Acoustic Instrument Celebration was pretty suscessful with some media coverage, a new dealer, and a few potential buyers. I had fun meeting many of my Instagram luthier friends and also a few builders whom I've admired for many years. If any of you AGF'ers are in attendance today please stop by and say hi.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:53 PM

First I'd like to thank all the AGF'ers that stopped by my table this past weekend to see my work at the SBAIC event. I think this is a wonderful forum for those that participate and the sense of community among us is really wonderful. I finally got to meet JR Rogers and his lovely wife and I echoed the same feelings to him. JR your guitar face is inspiring man!

Honestly I had the most successful show to date selling the SBAIC guitar, taking two orders, with the possibility of a third. I got some magazine coverage in the works and met with a few possible new dealers. I think what I really enjoyed the most was talking to all the younger builders such as myself. The adulation and respect from these builders was overwhelming and really drove home the fact that I'm on the correct life path. Ben Paldacci, Ted Astrand, Meagan Wells, Isaac Jang, Micheal Baskin, Brock Johnston, Leo Buendia, Tom Doerr, Chris Ensor, Micheal Greenfield, Jeff Traugott, Joel Michaud, Ted Rasmussen, Jonathan Razo you are all rockstars! I think later this year or early next year I can start making the transition to becoming a full time builder. This has always been the end game for me so the fact that I'm close fills me with excitement. Kinda like when your a kid during Christmas Thanks again for all of those that took the time to visit my table. And for those of you that didn't no worries, more builds are on the way and there will be plenty of shows to see my work.

Warm regards,
Stephen

Old 10-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

Steven....!!! First time seeing you and your guitars in person...! Such a blast, you're a true gentleman and amazing luthier! I was "very" impressed with your guitar, I can see why it sold, I was very moved by it... I bragged to numerous luthier buddies that they gotta check out your stuff... Mucho impressive😎
Old 10-05-2016, 07:20 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi, Stephen,
The way I define the word "elegance" is, when nothing needs to be added, nor subtracted from the whole, and it achieves a perfect balance of visual symphony.
Your guitar epitomize that. Very clean, beautiful, elegant guitars. Applause!
Old 10-06-2016, 11:36 AM

Stephen,
It was such a blast hanging with you at the show. There were so many incredible guitars at this show, it was really quite humbling! Your guitars are at the pinnacle of the art my friend!
Old 10-06-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
Steven....!!! First time seeing you and your guitars in person...! Such a blast, you're a true gentleman and amazing luthier! I was "very" impressed with your guitar, I can see why it sold, I was very moved by it... I bragged to numerous luthier buddies that they gotta check out your stuff... Mucho impressive��
Dave!!! I really enjoyed meeting you and hearing about your experiences with all the different guitars you've owned over the years. I think your perspective is spot on and I find that invaluable to my work. Thank you for sharing that with me. I have many more builds in me and perhaps one will find a home with you someday. Thank you for the kind words. Truly!
Old 10-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Hi, Stephen,
The way I define the word "elegance" is, when nothing needs to be added, nor subtracted from the whole, and it achieves a perfect balance of visual symphony.
Your guitar epitomize that. Very clean, beautiful, elegant guitars. Applause!
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I work hard to strive for a clean and elegant look so the fact that others take notice is very humbling to me.

*takes a bow
Old 10-06-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Acoustics View Post
Stephen,
It was such a blast hanging with you at the show. There were so many incredible guitars at this show, it was really quite humbling! Your guitars are at the pinnacle of the art my friend!
Brock,

Man I had a blast hanging with you as well and loved hearing all your stories. I think it's healthy to have friends in the luthier community as the craft can be such a solidarity process and I'm proud to say your a friend. I found it very humbling as well but felt connected being around other like minded humans doing what they love to do. We are truly lucky to do what we do for a living!
Old 01-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

Bump for our new Sponsor!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:22 PM

Whoop whoop!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop