The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Default A Kevin Ryan Paradiso

It's well underway already but I'm afraid to put a delivery date out in the universe...relatively speaking, it'll be here soon.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:34 AM

A nylon 7 string crossover from Chris Forshage and a redwood/ziricote KR 6 string for DADGAD.

Last edited by s2y; 01-16-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:23 PM

Well, I am very pleased to have taken delivery of my Kinnaird SJ last year, BRW/ Italian Spruce, and had no plans for anything else. As fate or GAS or luck or moments of insanity have struck me, I will be having Mark Hatcher build a Pina in Koa and Cedar for me this spring and if that is not enough, Steve Sheriff at Edwinson Guitars will be doing a fingerstyle Consort OOO for me which is slated for late 2016 or early 2017. This will be a BRW with probably a Redwood top. I will have an amazing amazing stable of guitars of which all will be made by true masters!!!
Old 01-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Well, I am very pleased to have taken delivery of my Kinnaird SJ last year, BRW/ Italian Spruce, and had no plans for anything else. As fate or GAS or luck or moments of insanity have struck me, I will be having Mark Hatcher build a Pina in Koa and Cedar for me this spring and if that is not enough, Steve Sheriff at Edwinson Guitars will be doing a fingerstyle Consort OOO for me which is slated for late 2016 or early 2017. This will be a BRW with probably a Redwood top. I will have an amazing amazing stable of guitars of which all will be made by true masters!!!
Congrats, Tom! that will be an amazing arsenal!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 01-16-2016, 05:24 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Where in the world will Steve find any Brazilian Rosewood...? 😉
Old 01-16-2016, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

Location: Carson City, Nv (Want a jackrabbit? We've got extras!)

I should take delivery of a Tahoe Guitar Co OM (possibly a 13-fretter). It is to be a Northwest-themed guitar, slightly modern appointments, in lutz and myrtlewood, with a curly Bigleaf Maple neck and Claro Walnut bindings.

As always, looking forward to the process!

In the night you hide from the madman
You're longing to be
But it all comes out on the inside
Eventually
Old 01-16-2016, 10:26 PM

Default new one

My Leach arrived, so I can't say I am expecting any longer. I have pictures of it on my site - you've never seen one like it! (Millenium Sequoia over Macassar Ebony.....)

http://www.bardrocks.com/guitars.html

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Congrats, Tom! that will be an amazing arsenal!
Thanks, it will be for sure, I am not worthy of these, but hey, a guy can have fun can't he. There are worse vises....I can pay for these with all the cigarettes I have never smoked my whole life right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Knot View Post
I don't really know, he says he has a bunch of really great sets! Guess I have to trust him on that one!!!!!!!! He told me he is re-doing his wood locker photos so I hope we can all look at exactly what he has on his website in the somewhat near future. I am thinking one of his really highly figured flamed redwood tops would be awesome!
Old 01-17-2016, 09:22 AM

I've a Marklund D-28 12 fret shadetop commissioned in late 2013 that I'm hoping to be seeing by early spring.

-Jim
Old 01-17-2016, 01:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Knot View Post
I have some friends in the biz. Hehehe!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

I don't know if this counts, but I am building my # 100 guitar this year, commencing right about NOW; however, I will put it on the back burner after the sides are bent and blocked, while I work on current commissions.

Number 100 is going to be MY guitar, at least for a little while. So I'm building it on my dime, to my favorite specs- which, fortunately are the specs that fit in the wheelhouse of 90% of other fingerstylists out there. Although many people may argue otherwise, I'm not really all that weird. I play with two hands, mostly in an upright position, like most folks. So when I do offer Number 100 for sale, it should appeal to the majority.

I'm pulling out all the stops on this one. Back and sides will be mastergrade Brazilian Rosewood; top will be mastergrade sinker Redwood. I'm contemplating making it a 25"- 25.75" multiscale. I'd really like to get a Jimmi Wingert inlay on the headstock and fingerboard, but that's going to take some $$$ I don't have right now. Also, hopefully, a custom Carbon Fiber case by Karura.

So, Number 100 will hopefully be completed late in the year. I'm starting on it soon, just to give it that official number in the lineup. My main priority is to get these other custom builds underway.

Never a dull moment for the Edwinson in 2016!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:27 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks, it will be for sure, I am not worthy of these, but hey, a guy can have fun can't he. There are worse vises....I can pay for these with all the cigarettes I have never smoked my whole life right?

I don't really know, he says he has a bunch of really great sets! Guess I have to trust him on that one!!!!!!!! He told me he is re-doing his wood locker photos so I hope we can all look at exactly what he has on his website in the somewhat near future. I am thinking one of his really highly figured flamed redwood tops would be awesome!
Yes...I'm excited to see his "wood locker" updated. He has soooooooo many wonderful sets just waiting for the perfect human to be loved by. I've seen his flamed redwood tops, and they are spectacular.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:29 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
I have some friends in the biz. Hehehe!
Really special friends!!!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:37 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
I don't know if this counts, but I am building my # 100 guitar this year, commencing right about NOW; however, I will put it on the back burner after the sides are bent and blocked, while I work on current commissions.

Number 100 is going to be MY guitar, at least for a little while. So I'm building it on my dime, to my favorite specs- which, fortunately are the specs that fit in the wheelhouse of 90% of other fingerstylists out there. Although many people may argue otherwise, I'm not really all that weird. I play with two hands, mostly in an upright position, like most folks. So when I do offer Number 100 for sale, it should appeal to the majority.

I'm pulling out all the stops on this one. Back and sides will be mastergrade Brazilian Rosewood; top will be mastergrade sinker Redwood. I'm contemplating making it a 25"- 25.75" multiscale. I'd really like to get a Jimmi Wingert inlay on the headstock and fingerboard, but that's going to take some $$$ I don't have right now. Also, hopefully, a custom Carbon Fiber case by Karura.

So, Number 100 will hopefully be completed late in the year. I'm starting on it soon, just to give it that official number in the lineup. My main priority is to get these other custom builds underway.

Never a dull moment for the Edwinson in 2016!
"Two Hands" ??? Hmmmmm.....that has a nice ring to it. 👣
What about a "Tunnel 13" top?
And, contrary to what others might tell you...I know, for a fact, that you ARE weird.....that's why we get along so well. 🙈🙉🙊
Old 01-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Mine's a Northfield Master Model F4 oval-hole mandolin, which I believe is only the fourth they have made using their premium woods and appointments. 14 frets to the body instead of the usual 12. Due in a few weeks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop