The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-22-2017, 07:39 PM
Charter Member

Default What'd you say??

"After they texted me the info I googled it and then emailed them to see if they would paypal it."

30-50 years ago no one would have any idea what the heck you said..... It's funny living in the future.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
"After they texted me the info I googled it and then emailed them to see if they would paypal it."

30-50 years ago no one would have any idea what the heck you said..... It's funny living in the future.
I was gonna say "30 to 50 years? Not even that long ago. Try 1995!" Then I realized. THAT was 22 years ago Time flies. If you don't believe me, "Ask Jeeves"
Old 07-23-2017, 04:06 AM
Charter Member

I remember conceptualizing, integrating and trusting computers in the real world while accomplishing our daily business goals. To explain it today sounds so naive.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 07-23-2017, 04:30 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:

I know what you are saying. A month ago I bought a guitar, the last of a small special order, from a store in Wisconsin. They had gone quickly and I needed to nail it down. I called and initiated the sale but they had to send me a PayPal invoice for the negotiated price and I had to make the PayPal purchase to secure it. It was lunch time so I got in the car and went to lunch. On the way the salesman called and said he'd send the invoice, had I received it? I pulled over into a parking lot because I refuse to be one of those distracted drivers. I conducted the PayPal transaction while sitting on the side of the road via PayPal. It just seemed novel to buy a guitar from miles away while sitting in a parking lot.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 07-23-2017, 06:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Interesting. I was just thinking along the same lines this morning as I sat in my easy chair with my Microsoft Surface looking at web sites around the world and then communicating with folks I will probably never meet in person, but know online in forums. The Surface tablet, as capable and running the same OS and apps as a full desktop, seems more "futuristic" than sitting at a desktop computer.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 07-23-2017, 07:03 AM

This ever changing language structure reminded me of an old Two Ronnies sketch of a lesson in Sweedish.

Enjoy...

YouTube
Old 07-24-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:

I'm proud of being a dinosaur then. When I'm watching Millennials on Youtube or Twitter struggling with self-definition and consumerism I can't help but SMH.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic