The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-15-2017, 04:59 PM

Arrow Custom BTO Taylor T5z Acoustic/Electric – 2015 Macassar Ebony beauty!

Sale Pending: beautiful Taylor custom built-to-order T5z guitar, 2015, with deluxe appointments. The Macassar Ebony top is gorgeous (striking look) and the German Violin (black) accents give the guitar an understated elegance that I love. Has the normal T5z feature set plus upgraded brass bridge pins to complement the look. Comes complete with the original Taylor T5z hardshell case.

I purchased this guitar from its original owner who commissioned it, a highly respected AGF’er a year ago. I recently have overloaded on parlor guitars, and to afford keeping them, have to trim a few of my beloved but less often played instruments – basic tough call. Will be the first time in 4 years I don’t have a T5 or T5z in the house.

The Macassar Ebony top looks stunning under the Natural gloss finish. The Sapele back and Mahogany neck are stained a deep brown to match the Macassar Ebony, giving the guitar a unified look. The black accents (vs the usual white) complete the overall effect. The neck is topped with a 21 fret black Ebony fingerboard inlaid with Mother-of-Pearl in Taylor's Progressive Diamonds pattern. T5z spec’s include: 1 11/16" nut, 24 7/8” scale length, 15.25” lower bout, 2 1/4“ string spacing, 12” fretboard radius, jumbo frets, 14 fret neck, MOP headstock Taylor logo, ebony bridge and fretboard, mahogany neck. Sports a bone nut/saddle, upgraded brass bridge pins, and Gotoh 510 antique gold tuning machines. I'll also include the original black bridge pins if buyer is interested. May I present the topwood:

The guitar sounds as good as it looks, with a dazzling high-end thanks to the Macassar top and the T5 five-way electronics. The hidden neck humbucker and exposed bridge humbucker combine with an under-saddle piezo pickup for the perfect blend of acoustic and electric tones. It is the most versatile instrument I’ve ever owned - can double as an acoustic AND an electric, effortlessly. A good intro to the guitar and its sounds can be seen/heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkgBQGbbWEI

No significant blemishes on the guitar – it’s in excellent condition. Frets have extremely minor wear, “just” noticeable on a few frets – literally the only imperfection. Kept in humidified case in non-smoking household its entire life, and never gigged or played out. Taylor T5z custom fit case is in nearly mint shape, fully functional and looks great. Case comes with all the new guitar documentation.

This fabulous Taylor is offered for a rock-bottom price of SALE PENDING, a major discount from what I paid just a year ago and much off Taylor’s list price in 2015. Price is for cash sale, buyer covers shipping (but I'll fully cover shipping insurance). No trades please.

Can take/email more photos, share detailed measurements of anything needed, and provide any further info needed to interested buyers. I've bought/traded/sold over three dozen guitars on AGF, and will gladly provide references. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Carmel Cedar; 09-02-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:12 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Andy bought this from me so i can say without hesitation that this is a stellar guitar. I'd be happy to visit with anyone about it or about Andy. Both the guitar and the seller are as good as it gets.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 07-21-2017, 07:00 PM

Thanks Mike! It is an awesome guitar. Another view is shown below.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:16 AM

I have recently bought a Taylor Spring 2015 ltd 614ce with Macassar ebony back /sides. Looks lovely and has a nice deeper sound than my maple one.....love the look of your T5z
Old 07-23-2017, 08:07 PM

Default Amazing deal

Wow.
An amazing price for this custom T5z.
I once had one of these and it's a great versatile guitar without having to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to set up electrics.

Andy = great guy.
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele
Old 07-25-2017, 10:27 AM

I always enjoyed the T5z demos at the Taylor Road Shows. At this price, it's really tempting to give this one a try.

Andy is one of the best sellers you can deal with here in AGF.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:50 PM

Thanks SC! The woods are beautiful on this one, bet they are gorgeous on yours.

Alan, thanks for your kind comments. VERY versatile electronics! And yes, price is amazing, almost at a cigarfan-style give-away.

Rye - very generous comments, much appreciated. I enjoy the T5z most with the (now discontinued) Taylor K4 Equalizer. Sounds just perfect together. Toying with selling as a combo...
Old 08-03-2017, 07:19 AM
Charter Member

Gorgeous macassar top, downright sultry with the dark touches to set it off! Best of luck with your sale!

Dave
Old 08-31-2017, 09:39 AM

Default CUSTOM TAYLOR MACASSAR T5Z

Is this guitar still available for sale?
Old 09-02-2017, 10:09 AM

Yes, it is. I've not marketed it very actively lately as I've been strongly considering keeping it, but it's available for now to interested buyers.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:25 PM

I'm very interested in it. Are you a reverb.com member?
Old 09-02-2017, 05:29 PM

Sale pending...
Old 09-02-2017, 06:40 PM

And already bought and paid for at 5:30pm 9/2/17. I'm very excited to get my hands on this beauty.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars