The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-28-2013, 04:52 AM

Default Martin DSR

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. Can someone please give me some advice about the Martin DSR Sugar Ray model? There is one at my local shop and it sounds very good - much more depth than my current Taylor 410ce (to be honest I thought once I bought this Taylor I would never want another guitar). Is it better than a D-28? What is a good price to pay for a brand new one?

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitar-c...sugar-ray.html

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:01 AM

I've never heard of this model before, but after checking out the specs it appears to be a 15 series guitar with some custom fretboard inlays. Comparing it to a D-28 is like comparing apples to oranges. The DSR is an all mahogany guitar while the D-28 has a spruce top and rosewood back and sides.

If you like the sound and feel of the guitar then go for it. Before laying down some cash I would suggest checking the prices on a new D-15M and playing one of those. Could be that it will give you the same sound for less money.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion