The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-22-2004, 08:58 AM

Default RainSong WS3000 question

I am a relatively new member here. I have been playing for over 30 years and own mostly Taylors and PRS'. I am considering a RainSong WS3000 12 string and have done a painstaking comparison with the Taylor 355ce/655ce models. I am sincerely impressed with the clarity and resonance of the RainSong, but have one real problem with the guirar. The body, a GA, is nearly 6 inches deep. When seated it really isn't too much of a problem, but I only play seated in coffee house type venues. I am having difficulty finding a comfortable position standing despite trying different strap heights. Anyone out there who is a RainSong player experiencing the same thing? I guess it might just be a matter of getting used to it, but the depth which certainly contributes to the projection and clarity, is mechanically en encumberance.
Any thoughts or experience on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
dc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber