The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-07-2018, 01:00 PM

Default VOX amPlug2

Recently I asked about a device to help assist in learning lead. I needed something that wouldn't disturb the household. I for a suggestion of this little device.

Wonderful daughter gave one to me for Christmas.

Wow. I got the "Blues" variant. Its got effects, tone controls, gain, volume and more. Its an out for headphones and an aux in for my phone (backing tracks).

I just did lead practice with this thing playing for an hour over a backing track all to my headphones. I haven't practiced lead that much TOTAL and with this device is was so fun and just effortless. And it sounds fantastic.

And the house is still asleep.

This will absolutely make a world of difference in my education!
Gibson J-30
Walden CO500 (camper)
Fender FSR BSB Telecaster
Old 01-07-2018, 03:19 PM

I have and use the older predecessor to that one which, if I recall correctly, did not come with a manual (it's not like it's very complicated). But...

...I just noticed the other day that it has three channels! Take note of the button you hold down to power up or down; when on, if you just press and release that same button, you move through the three channels (a clean, a crunch, and a distorted). If you look closely, you'll see the light change color (green, yellow, red) when you change channels.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:36 PM

Played with that today too!
Gibson J-30
Walden CO500 (camper)
Fender FSR BSB Telecaster
Old 01-11-2018, 04:49 PM

I have the "Classic Rock" version. I agree, it is a wonderful product for playing when you want to be quiet.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars