The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-03-2010, 06:54 PM

Default Talking Guitars

For anyone with the Documentary Channel, Talking Guitars is on right now. It's replaying at 10 and again tomorrow at 7 and 10 (Central).

2012 Martin 000-28 MMV
Old 07-04-2010, 12:01 AM

aw, rats--I thought you were starting a thread about LITERALLY talking guitars, sort of like talking GPS units. I can hear it now---on stage, "B string is flat, get that flatpick outta the strings on my headstock or you'll be sorry;" from the case, "How Dry I Am," or "change my strings already, you cheap lazy #$%!!"
But the most valuable trait a talking guitar could have? An onboard Breathalyzer so that it imitates a police siren and blurts out "Put your hands in the air and back away from me!" when some drunk in a bar tries to pick it up between sets; or yells, "Hey dweeb, get your hands off me or I'll tell all your friends you've got B.O. and secretly listen to Roger Whitaker LPs!" if some teenage kid ignores your refusal to let him pick it up and shred. (or perhaps when a baggage handler tries to toss it around the tarmac, it boomerangs and hits him you-know-where).

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:31 AM

It's a documentary about Flip Scipio and it is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

2012 Martin 000-28 MMV
Old 07-04-2010, 05:07 PM

I have had a multitude of guitars over the past 40 years...........but never a talking guitar...
Old 07-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Charter Member

Default The talking guitar...

Hey, my beloved owner. Thanks for practicing today. I was feeling so closed and tight, and now I'm all opened up. You are sounding so good! I really like your new song...
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 07-04-2010, 06:29 PM

I can see it. The first Martin guitar whose name isn't after the luthier, but the actual name of the guitar.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:04 AM
Guitar Gourmet

I was expecting Joe Walsh or Peter Frampton.

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 07-05-2010, 05:57 AM

When I find a singing guitar, I'm going on the road.
74 Cub Cadet 108
1989 Trek 950
2012 Chrysler Cordoba C7
Blueridge BG-40
Gibson J100 maple
Old 07-05-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Sandy View Post
aw, rats--I thought you were starting a thread about LITERALLY talking guitars, sort of like talking GPS units. I can hear it now---on stage, "B string is flat, get that flatpick outta the strings on my headstock or you'll be sorry;" from the case, "How Dry I Am," or "change my strings already, you cheap lazy #$%!!"
But the most valuable trait a talking guitar could have? An onboard Breathalyzer so that it imitates a police siren and blurts out "Put your hands in the air and back away from me!" when some drunk in a bar tries to pick it up between sets; or yells, "Hey dweeb, get your hands off me or I'll tell all your friends you've got B.O. and secretly listen to Roger Whitaker LPs!" if some teenage kid ignores your refusal to let him pick it up and shred. (or perhaps when a baggage handler tries to toss it around the tarmac, it boomerangs and hits him you-know-where).

This is hereby officially nominated as Post of the Month!

cotten

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion