The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 08-30-2014, 08:31 PM

Default Fox Valley Folk Festival 2014--Sun. & Mon. Labor Day weekend

Once again, we're on the eve of the Fox Valley Folk Music and Storytelling Festival, running tomorrow and Mon. at Island Park in the heart of Geneva, IL. (Easy access via both car and Metra commuter train, as well as bike, canoe, kayak or rowboat, as the park is an island in the Fox River).

The main stage will feature prominent folk artists such as Anne Hills, Cindy Mangsen, Steve Gillette, Danny Santos, Tom Kastle, Lou & Peter Berryman, Joel Mabus and many more. But some AGFers will be represented on the side stages:

Marshall Hjertstedt ("Marshall") in the Chicago Songwriters' Collective Round Monday 11-noon, workshop stage 3

Yours truly with Two Way Street Favorites on the main stage tomorrow 11-11:30 am; Chicago Songwriters' Collective Round 11:30-noon, and a half-hour solo set for Two Way Street Favorites from 1:30-2pm on workshop stage 1. Monday I'll do a song or two with the Chi. Songwriters' Collective before heading over to the Teaching Pavilion from noon-1pm (sturdy brick shelter from the weather!) to be the guitarist for the Dulcimer Society of N. IL as well as doing a solo song on dulcimer.

Norm Siegel ("Uncle Dizzy") will probably run sound on several workshop stages, as well as performing in an open mic or two. Get there early enough to sign up and you can play the open mic too!

There's a kids' tent and a craft workshop, as well as storytellers, dancing and jams galore. Food, craft, recording, instrument vendors too.

http://www.foxvalleyfolk.org for the schedule and directions. Sugg. donation $15, but since it's a public park no one will get turned away.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:43 PM

We had a wonderful couple of days at Fox Valley--and here on the AGF I’d like to thank our members Marshall Hjertstedt and V. Ryan Sarti, who participated and entertained in today’s Chicago Songwriters’ Collective Showcase. If anyone here is in the Chicago area and writes songs, please go to http://meetup.com, type in Chicago Songwriters’ Collective and find out about our organization. We hold three area meetings a month: City, at Joe’s on Weed St. in the River N./W. Lincoln Park area; N. Shore and NW suburbs, at the Niles Public Library; and W. suburbs at the Lisle Public Library.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

sounds like fun! I spent 16 years in the Lisle/Naperville area. Lots of wonderful memories!

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases