The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 09-03-2014, 01:14 PM

Default Acoustic Open Mic. Night: Akron, OH Area - Saturday, September 13th

Saturday, September 13th will be the fourth in a series of monthly Saturday night acoustic open mic. events. The location is in the hall attached to the front of the building of St. Mark Lutheran Church at 158 North Ave. (SR 91) in Tallmadge, OH 44278 just north of the Tallmadge circle. This is not intended to be a venue for praise or contemporary Christian music necessarily but a fun social event for the community so pop, country, folk, acoustic rock, instrumentals, singer/songwriter, oldies ...etc. music styles are all encouraged. Thus far, we've had guys with guitars singing (no surprise there!), acoustic duos, female keyboard players/singers, a small vocal group (with a keyboard accompanist) and even some poetry readings! Still looking for our first comic though...

The event will begin at 7:00pm and last until about 9:00 or 9:30pm, depending on how many players show up. Performers can start signing up at 6:45pm. Snacks/refreshments will be available for purchase but it will be a no-alcohol, family-friendly environment.

Although I am not a member of this church, I have agreed to provide the sound and hosting. I'll have a high-quality 12-channel PA system complete with a stage monitor, at least three vocal mics, two guitar/instrument mics (for those without pickups in their acoustic instruments), and two guitar cords (for acoustic/electrics)... with some flexibility for other configurations. The church has an electric Casio keyboard of some sort available on stage too... or I can plug in yours (it only takes a just a few quick minutes to set up and plug in your keyboard!!). All microphones will be high-quality Shures (SM 58's & 57's). Please come out to play, listen, socialize or just to snack on some coffee, punch and baked goods! Join the fun!!

This is a great venue if you've been looking to try an open mic. event but are intimidated by being on stage in a bar/cafe/restaurant and you want something a little more informal and forgiving. If you have any questions or just want to say you'll be there, feel free to contact me by PM or by replying in this thread. Thanks to everyone who has attended thus far! I look forward to seeing both new and previous attendees perform!!

ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: Taylor, Martin, Gibson, Yamaha, Guild...
Old 09-11-2014, 04:14 PM

Coming up Saturday... who's in??

Old 09-13-2014, 09:58 AM

Tonight!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases