The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-16-2023, 12:36 PM

Default A month of (swing) rhythm guitar

I posted this over at the jazz forum, but I thought some folks here might be interested too. Should be a fun month...or maybe longer.

What do I hope to accomplish here? Not much really. A month is a short period of time. I do think it's helpful to do focused practice and force yourself to do things every day, so I figured why not with rhythm? Its sort of a lost/dying art anyway. Its something I'd enjoy being better at. So here we go!

These first 2 videos are kind of mostly about pick choice and attack to produce the best sound. I think in any style of play, focusing on "sounding good" is very important. And I don't mean tone hunting...I just mean using my hands in the best way I can.

I'd really like feedback on songs to try. I also think I could easily just spend a month on Rhythm Changes, but that might get boring. Sticking to 3 note Ranger Doug style chords for now, I think. Lots up in the air. Im along for the ride.

Anyway, enjoy and feel free to comment and critique and discuss. This is about progress...

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write