The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-15-2023, 01:36 AM

Default Worship music teacher

I’m trying to find a worship music guitar teacher.
I live in Nottingham England but happy to do online.

Can any help to recommend please.?
Old 04-15-2023, 04:21 AM

I began by learning the basics: chords and strumming. 4/4 time, 6/8 time. Keeping rhythm. Early on I played all kinds of music. I believe that helped me to be more versatile to play a large variety of Worship music. I cover all the CCLI top 100, Third Day, Toby Mac, Hillsong, Switchfoot, Petra, Audio Adrenaline, Brandon Lake, Maverick City, Elevation Worship, hymns, you name it...Keep in mind some songs, the lyrics are on the down beat or with the chord change. On more difficult songs, that's not the case. ANY guitar instruction can facilitate being able to play Worship music, so while I understand the desire to find specifically a worship music guitar teacher, don't limit yourself or the potential to learn to just that lane.

I've been playing since July 2010 and leading worship (with guitar) since October 2010.

Be sure to know your potential role in the band too. As a solo worship leader the role is much different than being the 3rd or 4th guitar in an 11-piece praise band.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:12 AM

Learn basic chords then variations using lots of sus this and that (2, 4, 9s, etc.) then also chords with either the third or fifth in the bass. Voila! You are a "worship" guitarist.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write