The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-06-2017, 04:40 AM

Default My first lesson

Went for my first lesson the other day at a local music store. I was greeted at the top of the stairs by 2 guys who work in the store and the music teacher who first said "Is that a Greg Bennet D7?" when they saw my guitar. It seems they were quite impressed by it and one of them asked if he could play it.

The lesson went well, I showed him the chords I known and he gave me some tips on improving my strumming. He said I was doing really well for someone who has only been playing for 2 months, so that was certainly a good confidence boost for me.
Best of all was they gave me 2 tickets to The Melbourne guitar show which the missus and I went to on Saturday. Lots of guitars and gadgets and awesome guitar players. Looking forward to lesson 2.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

Good for you! Now you will really get on track.

Hope you enjoyed the Melbourne guitar show. For some reason, I thought you were in NYC. You really couldn't get much further away.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Good for you! Now you will really get on track.

Hope you enjoyed the Melbourne guitar show. For some reason, I thought you were in NYC. You really couldn't get much further away.
Thanks mate. Yeah the guitar show as interesting. I wish I was in NYC and going to the NYC guitar show though..lol

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write