The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-29-2017, 05:51 PM

Default Tuner

I've used Boss TU-2 for over a decade. I need a new tuner but I'm hesitant to get the TU-3 as I don't care for the display. I have reverted to a Snark clip-on for the past year but now I'm fearing the finish warning Snark is emphasizing. The Polytune looks tempting; what are people's recommendations?
Old 08-05-2017, 01:14 PM

Red face

I purchased the PolyTune clip-on 4 months ago. I now have a 1/2 dozen Snarks gathering dust! I really like the display of the Snarks (SuperTite) Very pleasant to use. But the PolyTune simply is superior as far as accuracy (and I do not use the "Poly" mode (where state of all six strings are displayed at once) I also do not use the "Strobe" mode as all that Peterson-like "spinning around" drives me crazy! I use the "Needle" mode. The Snarks "ergonomics" are a bit better. The Snarks clip-on so quickly, and smoothly without any fuss. The PolyTune is not quite as agile however, the noticeable accuracy is worth the switch. I have a built in Tuner with my new LR Baggs Venue, but the PolyTune is much, much better.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:10 PM

I'm a fan of the Boss Tu-10 because it works indoors and outdoors. Many of the tuners are only visible indoors.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write