The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-09-2017, 10:07 AM

Post Steven Seagal's guitar collection...

Not sure if it's mentioned already but he has a lot of them...

Looks like he plays guitar but YT comments say he's pretty bad at it.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:09 AM

Default Seagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post

Looks like he plays guitar but YT comments say he's pretty bad at it.
Yeah, but whos going to tell HIM that!!!
Old 08-09-2017, 12:14 PM

He has an Exquisite collection. I could not believe the flaming he/it received on F/B, on a purported "musicians" group.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:25 PM

Aww, c'mon - his playing ain't that bad. His singing though....

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 08-09-2017, 02:40 PM

The late Lance McCollum, who was a fine acoustic guitar builder, told me that he had a friend who worked for Steven Seagal in some capacity. This friend called Lance and told him: "Look, if you're ever truly desperate and need the money badly enough, I can talk Steven Seagal into ordering one of your guitars. You've GOT to really need the money, though, because he's such an incredible (pungent Anglo-Saxon words deleted) to work with!"

Lance said he told his friend: "I'm not that desperate yet!" and so far as I know he never built a guitar for Seagal. But he was holding onto the idea as an ace up his sleeve!

As for Seagal's guitar playing, he plays better than many. I watched the terrible movie he directed, "On Deadly Ground," because he'd filmed it here in Alaska, and Seagal's shred metal music is what played over the closing credits.

The movie was bad, as in "unintentionally funny" bad, but his guitarplaying was passable.

Wade Hampton Miller

PS: I saw the film in a dollar movie house with an audience that was anywhere from one third to one half Alaska Natives. They just ROARED with laughter all the way through.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
The late Lance McCollum, who was a fine acoustic guitar builder, told me that he had a friend who worked for Steven Seagal in some capacity. This friend called Lance and told him: "Look, if you're ever truly desperate and need the money badly enough, I can talk Steven Seagal into ordering one of your guitars. You've GOT to really need the money, though, because he's such an incredible (pungent Anglo-Saxon words deleted) to work with!"

Lance said he told his friend: "I'm not that desperate yet!" and so far as I know he never built a guitar for Seagal. But he was holding onto the idea as an ace up his sleeve!

As for Seagal's guitar playing, he plays better than many. I watched the terrible movie he directed, "On Deadly Ground," because he'd filmed it here in Alaska, and Seagal's shred metal music is what played over the closing credits.

The movie was bad, as in "unintentionally funny" bad, but his guitarplaying was passable.

Wade Hampton Miller

PS: I saw the film in a dollar movie house with an audience that was anywhere from one third to one half Alaska Natives. They just ROARED with laughter all the way through.
LOL. Good stuff, as usual.

I don't have the music stories you do, Wade, but after several decades I have tons of martial arts ones.

This mirrors everything i have heard - he is, allegedly, a total jerk. The real deal in martial arts though and an expert marksman with many different type of guns. His most effective weapon, to me, is his singing voice. Just watch that second clip . It's right up there with Kanye singing "We are the Champions".

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 08-10-2017, 09:04 AM

Actually a very nice History Channel segment. Nice guitars, of course. He did a fine job representing himself and his collection. I've seen much worse from people who had a lot of guitars (call them a collection) and didn't have any idea of what "snowflake" inlay or "pre-war Martin" meant.

Additionally, I've seen/heard much worse in regards to playing and singing from people who claimed to be serious musicians. Anyone who puts themselves out there subjects themselves to unnecessary ridicule by many people who themselves couldn't do any better.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars