The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-07-2017, 09:05 AM

Congrats Martin. Do you know if you can hook it up to an extension cab? I imagine yes.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:15 AM

The Katana 50 has a headphone/record out jack, but no extension speaker jack. I suppose if you had a powered monitor cabinet, it would work. I wouldn't recommend adding another speaker as you'll change the ohm rating which could damage the amp.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M

Last edited by Yamaha Man; 06-07-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Charter Member

I don't believe it's a feature, but it would be pretty cool if one the buikt-in pedals you could use was their looper...

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
I don't believe it's a feature, but it would be pretty cool if one the buikt-in pedals you could use was their looper...

Todd in Chicago

I don't believe there is a looper in the 50 watt version but there might be in the other versions...I think you'd have to buy a special pedal to access it though. It's easy enough to stick a looper pedal like the Ditto X2 before the amp anyhow.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 06-08-2017, 12:54 AM

Another thing you can do is create a loop using your DAW and import it into the Play program in the Boss Tone Studio....then you can send it out into your Katana and play along with it. The loop must be 16K bit, wav file. The Play program is pretty cool once you get it configured to play thru your amp......it took me a while to get that part figured out. But now that it's set up, I can create a loop in Sonar, import it into the Boss Tone Studio, hit the loop button and jam all night if I want to. You could lay down a drum track, a guitar track, a piano or keyboard track....your only limited by your DAW's abilities.

One thing I did was to import a whole Buddy Guy song off a cd into the Play program, and now I can jam along with that as much as I want too. This is really a nice tool once you learn how to use it.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M

Last edited by Yamaha Man; 06-08-2017 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:51 AM
Charter Member

Very cool !

Old 06-08-2017, 08:47 AM

What's great about the Katana is that it all works with very little grief compared to the Fender GT 40 that I sent back. The Katana has been a dream to work with.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 06-12-2017, 05:07 PM

While on the subject of Sneaky Amps, have you checked out all the amp settings available in Tone Central ?? There quite a number of sets of presets available in the different categories. Mostly hard rock though, some clean, some remarkably spot on with famous songs...It looks like you can add your own collection when you get one. I'm guessing in time these will really fill up with user created presets.

Once you find a group you like just click on the Add button at the bottom of the screen to add them to your library...I already have a bunch....it's fun to click around on other people's settings !!
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 06-13-2017, 10:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
While on the subject of Sneaky Amps, have you checked out all the amp settings available in Tone Central ?? There quite a number of sets of presets available in the different categories. Mostly hard rock though, some clean, some remarkably spot on with famous songs...It looks like you can add your own collection when you get one. I'm guessing in time these will really fill up with user created presets.

Once you find a group you like just click on the Add button at the bottom of the screen to add them to your library...I already have a bunch....it's fun to click around on other people's settings !!
Yes! Looks like people are creating settings even for specific songs.

Additionally Shane from in the Blues just posted his final review: https://youtu.be/pXgHDabcp58

I'm still playing around with it but I haven't found a way in tone central where you can create for example folders or something like that like group all of your clean sounds into a particular folder Etc. I was able to combine a few into that collection thing it's just not quite as clear as I thought it would be or could be.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Old 08-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

I just ordered the Boss Katana mini...sounds like a great, really portable amp...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars