The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-03-2015, 01:28 PM

I recorded some new videos for three of the guitars. They can be found on the marketplace ads, but I thought I would post them here as well:

Old 10-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Stating the obvious...Chris is a terrific guy with a big heart. If I wasn't lusting after a Sinker Redwood guitar, I'd be very interested in the Carpathian/Ziricote guitar.

Sorry for the ugly turn of event, Chris. Hopefully these beauties will sell and ease the strain, and ideally you'll recover some of your funds from that crook! More than anything, best wishes for your growing family!!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 10-04-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Stating the obvious...Chris is a terrific guy with a big heart. If I wasn't lusting after a Sinker Redwood guitar, I'd be very interested in the Carpathian/Ziricote guitar.

Sorry for the ugly turn of event, Chris. Hopefully these beauties will sell and ease the strain, and ideally you'll recover some of your funds from that crook! More than anything, best wishes for your growing family!!
Thanks for the kind words and wishes Mike!

Sinker is some beautiful stuff. It is getting harder and harder to find. I am lucky to still have one of the great sets left.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Chris,

My heart goes out to you too, and I'm glad things look like they will slowly work out. It appears that you have already sought out the remedy for your state. Each state is different, but here in NV, the Contractors License Board actually has a fund that is used for situations like yours, where they can contribute towards your damages and even set you up with a reputable contractor. I think Larry Pattis suggested the same, but I am just highlighting why.

Best of luck with all.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:41 PM

There is one guitar that I didn't originally post as I already had some interest in it. I am happy to report that it is sold! (note that it is not marked as sold on my website just yet).
Old 10-09-2015, 02:06 PM

Glad to hear of the sale Chris.

Anyone considering getting a guitar from Chris, let me state that he is very easy to deal with and will go the extra mile to ensure you get an instrument that will exceed your expectations.

I pray that the whole renovation mess is getting sorted out in your favour.

And congratulations on the new apprentice - maybe you should start building a munchkin sized guitar.

Ensor ES (Sycamore/Lutz)
Halcyon (Flamed walnut/Engelmann)
Taylor 324ce
Taylor Baritone 6
Warwick Streamer
Eastman MD505

"I only drink coffee on days ending in 'y' "
Old 11-11-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeeaddict View Post
Glad to hear of the sale Chris.

Anyone considering getting a guitar from Chris, let me state that he is very easy to deal with and will go the extra mile to ensure you get an instrument that will exceed your expectations.

I pray that the whole renovation mess is getting sorted out in your favour.

And congratulations on the new apprentice - maybe you should start building a munchkin sized guitar.
Thanks for the kind words Coffee!

We are pushing forward and have restarted the project with a new contractor. I have high hopes that it will turn out well.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:02 AM

I want to say thank you to everyone on the forum who has sent me well wishes either publicly or privately. I truly appreciate your support.

I currently have four guitars that are included in my "super sale". This sale will be ending December 31st, 2015. Any of these guitars would make a great Christmas present. Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:33 AM

Chris,

I just browsed your "for sale." Really nice looking stuff with sweet attention to detail. I am "guitared out" right now (read: a Goodall a Doerr and a Doerr commission) or I would happily support the cause.

Good luck with the sale(s) and --- Bump for a rainy Thursday.

Chris

The Acoustics

Tom Doerr - Trinity. Flamed Maple under Swiss
Tom Doerr - M/D. Braz under Red

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop