The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-26-2015, 06:22 PM

Default Indian Twilight - An Original Collaboration

Peter Afendoulis (Fendouglas) wrote these lyrics as a young man and put them into song. That was the early 70's. I pirated them (with permission) and re-wrote the song. Gil (G6120) decided one day to assemble a slide show of the images he thought represented Peter's lyrics.

Thanks for the listen.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:45 PM

That was a perfect collaboration!

I've known Gil for quite a while. He must have spent some serious time gathering all those excellent photos of The American Indian.

I was brought up in an era of cowboys and Indians. The Indians were always portrayed as heathens and as the "bad guys". There's a definite slant and bias to almost any history ever written. If you want to read a very sad tale, then read "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee".

Anyway, you sang those lyrics very clearly... did a great job.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this.

noman

Undefined People Music Site
Old 03-29-2015, 08:19 AM

noman, if I recall correctly, Peter wrote the lyrics after reading that book. He's a Brit, now retired abroad, and had an interest in the American west. I find his lyrics to be pretty accurate of the treatment of native North American peoples by the prodigy of European settlers.

And, yes, Gil does put passion into his work and music. He always has, that I've seen and been privy to. I wish I had a fraction of his drive.

Thanks for the listen and comments.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell