The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-28-2017, 11:50 AM

Cool, I saw these on one of the NAMM videos, thanks for the demo.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:56 PM

Very cool, thanks AeroUSA, looking forward to your review!
Old 12-31-2017, 12:36 AM

Two things kill this pedal for me. First is the placement of the loop switches. I often have to loop while singing and looking forward. Those switches are just in a bad place for me. Second is the lack of an effects loop at that price point. I can almost excuse the $299 pedals, but at $599 this thing should have an fx loop.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:41 AM

Whoops, double post.

But I'll add that I think a Fly Rig Acoustic or Trace Transit A with my Ditto X2 might work out better for me.

Last edited by DavidE; 12-31-2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: double post
Old 12-31-2017, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

I added button risers to make looping easier. I just wish you could hold down the stop button to delete a loop.

I actually had some issues with mine and it’s away being fixed. I assume the next batch will be improved.

I tried the flyrig and it’s great for the size but I prefer the T Rex as an all in one unit.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I added button risers to make looping easier. I just wish you could hold down the stop button to delete a loop.

I actually had some issues with mine and it’s away being fixed. I assume the next batch will be improved.

I tried the flyrig and it’s great for the size but I prefer the T Rex as an all in one unit.

The button risers could help, but not really the way I have to play and sing. If you can't hold the stop button to delete a loop, that's another deal killer for me.

Why do you prefer the T Rex over the Fly Rig? The Transit A may be the winner for me, but it's also far from perfect.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:28 PM

So how do you delete a loop? Tried reading the manual but it’s a little confusing.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

I prefer it because the switches are easier to hit and it has the looper.

To delete you have to press stop and then press and hold again. It’s not difficult but it’s one extra press...
Old 01-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Charter Member

Mine has been fixed and is on the way back to me. Let me know if there’s anything you want to check out. Hopefully they have fixed any issues on future pedals now. I’ll let you know.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:53 PM

Default Delay time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
Mine has been fixed and is on the way back to me. Let me know if there’s anything you want to check out. Hopefully they have fixed any issues on future pedals now. I’ll let you know.
AeroUSA, i’m interested in this pedal and was wondering if you could answer a delay question for me. On the regular delay feature is there a way to get a 3 to 5 second delay of just the last input (ie not the looping feature)? If you can PM me that would be great.

Last edited by mrguitar; 01-31-2018 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Added
Old 01-31-2018, 10:00 PM
Charter Member

I’m not sure what you mean but PM me
Old 03-06-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Two things kill this pedal for me. First is the placement of the loop switches. I often have to loop while singing and looking forward. Those switches are just in a bad place for me. Second is the lack of an effects loop at that price point. I can almost excuse the $299 pedals, but at $599 this thing should have an fx loop.
I get what you’re saying but that exactly what this pedal ISN’T all about. It’s a one-box, grab-n-go giving you superior sound quality and easy connection. The whole point is NOT have anything appended through an FX loop. The other great feature is the build quality, you could stomp a monster truck with square train wheels on this thing and it would yawn and laugh. To me it’s worth the price of admission 3x over, and when I think of the money lost by buying a BUNCH different stomp boxes and selling them off a few months later, I would go back in history and pay the 600 bucks for this perfect solution in a heartbeat. I want a great tuner, sweet musical compression, reverb that has tails so smooth you want to eat them, all three bands of EQ being parametric, a chorus effect that makes you want to soar in the clouds and not sound metallic, and a DI stereo out that is clean and full and comparable to the Radial J48 I used to own to go with my myriad of stomp boxes. I get ALL that in one mega strong box, couldn't be happier. Then, I get the added bonus of separate delay, 6-minute looper, feedback notch filter, shimmer effect and volume that’s controllable by a foot pedal if I needed that, and a usable clean boost function. Best 599 I ever spent on my Taylor. Oh, one other bonus: it’s probably the best unit i’ve ever used with Taylor’s so-so Expression 2 system... the compressor mixed with the sweepable mid has been better in shaping the ES2 than any other unit I’ve. For the record, here’s what I’ve owned that is now gone because the T-Rex works so well... I didn’t own this all at once, I got a couple things, tried for a couple months, then did switch outs:

-Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
-TC Electronic M350 (inserted on my channel at the board)
-Fishman ToneDEQ
-Radial J48 DI (best DI for acoustic guitar IMO)
-Boss TU-3
-Boss AD-2
-Boss CE-2W Waza Craft Chorus
-Boss TU-3W Waza Craft Tuner (best tuner IMO)
-Boss CP-1X Compressor
-Boss BCB30 Pedal Board
-LR Baggs Session Acoustic DI
-Several different lengths of Mogami Gold cables to hook this whole headache up.

Now it’s Dave Laboga cable from Taylor 618e v2 into T-Rex AS, to the board for house and monitors in our church. That’s the best $599 I’ve spent on my guitar rig. I also run one Mogami cable out from one of the 1/4” main outs on the T-Rec to a new ACUS One Forstrings 8 amp (that's the actual name as written!) as my stage monitor. Simply acoustic bliss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-06-2018, 01:56 AM

Default Wtb

Anyone have one they're not using?
Old 08-29-2018, 07:43 AM

Any updates or thoughts to this unit ?

Looks like a beast and can take wear and tear. Saw where
someone thought the input was confusing? Looks cut and
dry, the far right to me. The controller vol input is in center.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:14 AM
Charter Member

I finally made a demo of this pedal, FYI I noticed it's best to have the gain set high so that the peak LED lights up on medium to high strumming levels:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification