The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 11-15-2015, 04:30 PM

Default Using existing neck for new build

I have a neck from a Yairi WY-K1 and would like to us it on a new build is there any builder you could recommend that would do that ?
Thanks
Chris
Old 11-15-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by es345td View Post
I have a neck from a Yairi WY-K1 and would like to us it on a new build is there any builder you could recommend that would do that ?
Thanks
Chris
I think there are many of us builders on the forum who could do that, but I'd think any builder past a certain level would likely prefer to build his/her own neck for the instrument as well. It could be a clone of the neck you have, or same shape/dimensions for the neck but with a different headstock.

Anyhow, that's what I would suggest...

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Old 11-16-2015, 07:51 AM

It's a bit of an odd request. What happen to the guitar that this neck used to belong to? I take it you really like the feel of the neck but maybe the guitar was destroyed? If I were to do it personally I would not allow the Yari logo on the head stock. I'm not sure any luthier would want to do that. A headstock is a makers mark of sorts for many luthiers.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
It's a bit of an odd request. What happen to the guitar that this neck used to belong to? I take it you really like the feel of the neck but maybe the guitar was destroyed? If I were to do it personally I would not allow the Yari logo on the head stock. I'm not sure any luthier would want to do that. A headstock is a makers mark of sorts for many luthiers.
If there are still pieces of the body left over they could be used in the rosette and it could be thought of as a rebuild.

Just kidding.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair