The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-03-2005, 09:13 AM

Default feedback issues

hi everyone...can anyone share some practical tips on how to avoid feedback when i am using a stage monitor facing me? i play an 814ce with the fishman blender...should i move the blend all the way to the piezo everytime, thus taking the mic out of the equation?

thanks!
a
2006 T5-S Tobacco burst (40th birthday present from my wife! :-)
2008 516CE (KEEPER!)
2002 NS-7
Ibanez Concord 670 (my first guitar!)
Tanglewood TSF-CE (Red)
Old 03-03-2005, 10:55 AM

In my experience, the only thing you can really do is use a feedback buster, drop the monitor volume, or switch to in-ear monitors.

Even if you switch all the way to the piezo, you'll still get feedback.

That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. -- Theodore F. MacManus

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell -- Christopher Walken
Old 03-03-2005, 10:58 AM

Low feedback or high? I get a low that sets my strings vibrating and the feedback just builds.
I solved it for the most part with a "Feedback eliminater" or -otherwise known as a soundhole cover. Bought mine at Guitar Center for a couple bux, less than 10.00 anyway.

I use an Ovation acoustic electric ---I suppose if you are micing your guitar this would not be a good solution.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloralf
...should i move the blend all the way to the piezo everytime, thus taking the mic out of the equation?
That will work, but sound harsh and quacky. The feedback buster - a black rubber disk that fills the sound hole - worked great for me, but I could still get feedback. I could get the best sound with it because it could dial in much more mic. You might want to get a Yamaha AG Stomp. It has a nice automated feedback system. When you hear feedback, press a button and it figures out how to stop it. It works very well. You can also make the guitar sound more natural and/or add reverd, chorus, and a host of other nice features.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification