The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-08-2017, 11:50 AM

Default NGD-LA Guitar Sales-Trifecta

Hello, guitar players.

I'm a new member, but a long time visitor to the AGF. I was in California visiting for the holidays. During this trip, I needed to buy a more durable guitar. I live in Central America and steel string guitar choices are limited, and CF guitars are rare. I knew about LA Guitar Sales from this forum, so I went there for the first time. I decided to post about my NGD and LA Guitar Sales.

For me, a guitar shop trifecta is "Knowledge, Friendliness, and Inventory", and LA Guitar Sales is such a place. Helene and Ted are very nice people...and yes, very knowledgeable and with a cool inventory. Thank you Helene and Ted.

The AGF Rainsong Shorty reviews caught my attention, and seemed like a good choice. I was already familiar with the Petteway model. My hands and ears made the decision. It plays easily and sounds good, so I bought a Shorty.

The setup includes low action, little relief, great intonation, and No fret buzz. No adjustments are needed for me. The Shorty's bass response, balance, and strength up the neck are nice; and consistent with those characteristics of an OM size guitar.

The Shorty is very musical sounding, and amazingly easy to play.

As Duke Ellington used to say, "If it sounds good; it is good". To me, the Shorty sounds good...

That's my 2 cents...and thanks again to Helene and Ted.

G

Oh...I'll post a pic when I get the "image pending approval" from the Gallery.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Charter Member

Welcome to the AGF... and what a great story. Congratulations! I love the Shortys... great guitars. Hope you'll enjoy it and hang around here a lot.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

I saw "trifecta" and thought that you, perhaps, had picked up THREE guitars! Even better that you can find all you want with one guitar and a shop that takes good care of their customers.

Enjoy the Shorty! (Got mine from Ted and Helene) Sounds like it is going to be the just what you need.

Congratulations!
Old 01-08-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I saw "trifecta" and thought that you, perhaps, had picked up THREE guitars! Even better that you can find all you want with one guitar and a shop that takes good care of their customers.

Enjoy the Shorty! (Got mine from Ted and Helene) Sounds like it is going to be the just what you need.

Congratulations!

LOL... This was my first thought as well! I was thinking... "This person must be hard-core!"

Gaetano... Congratulations! BTW... my experiences with Helene & Ted have been equally positive (and expensive! LOL.).

Old 01-09-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I saw "trifecta" and thought that you, perhaps, had picked up THREE guitars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPastor View Post
LOL... This was my first thought as well!
Me three..

G, you are too kind, and it was our pleasure to meet the both of you. Enjoy the guitar, and don't be surprised if Helene and I decide to come and visit. Sound like paradise down there.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:20 AM

Thank you Kerbie, Captain Jim, SteelPastor, and Ted.

Trifecta, interpreted as 3 guitars, is a win-win-win scenario also, but it will melt the plastic in your wallet and it will have the bank calling and asking questions.

Yes, I am quite pleased with my Shorty. BTW, the Shorty's increased durability will not be intentionally challenged by me. I always take care of my guitars, and my Shorty will be treated the same. My Shorty will travel with me on my road trips as I continue to experience things from "My Bucket List, Central America"...and the Galápagos Islands of Ecuador too.

Ted...Stay in touch, plan a visit, and thanks again. Some of Mother Nature's finest masterpieces are on display here. I live on the Pacific Coast in a beach village with a population in the 100's, so you won't encounter traffic like on the 5 or the 110. There is some traffic with horses on the beach though.

Thanks again to all.

G
Old 01-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

Congrats "G" You will love the Shorty.
I, as well as many others here, bought their Rainsongs from Ted and Helene...Class Act all the way!

Collings ~ Taylor ~ Martin
Old 01-09-2017, 12:01 PM

Another proud Shorty owner here- great guitars! Congrats
Old 01-10-2017, 08:12 PM

Thank you Godfather and steelvibe, and it's good to hear that your Shorty experiences are positive also. Yes, Helene and Ted are great!

G

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber