The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-29-2016, 06:42 PM

Default soundhole tuners for Kevin Michael guitar?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone tried out putting a soundhole tuner for Kevin Michael guitar. I have a snark tuner right now, but I thought it'd be nice to look down directly at the soundhole for tuning. one less thing to clip on the headstock besides capos....

From some googling, there are two options: Korg and shadow. does anyone have any hands-on experience with them? Would they affect the tone in anyway?
Old 03-01-2016, 09:12 AM

I know a lot of people mounted the Planet Waves NS Micro or Mini in the soundhole of CF guitars using double-sided tape or velcro. There used to be a few threads on this on MacNichol, but the forum has been removed.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Guest 928

I have done several sound hole tuners. The trick is to saw off the clip leaving the tuner and the base it slides on. Then you do the double-sided tape on the base side facing the guitar, cutting out a bit in the center so that you don't hang up the tuner when sliding it out of its notch. This is a great option in that you can place the tuner where you get a clear view but no else sees it.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I have done several sound hole tuners. The trick is to saw off the clip leaving the tuner and the base it slides on. Then you do the double-sided tape on the base side facing the guitar, cutting out a bit in the center so that you don't hang up the tuner when sliding it out of its notch. This is a great option in that you can place the tuner where you get a clear view but no else sees it.
That is what I do on my KM.. works great...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber