The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Default Follow up to "My First Les Paul" thread

So, Despite what a wonderful guitar it is, I came to the conclusion that I was not going to easily get to a place where I could seamlessly move from playing my Fenders (7.25" radius, Fender string spacing) to the Les Paul (12" radius, Gibson string spacing) I opted to sell the Paul (not difficult!) and used to money to help me fund my long time dream Strat..............

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

American Vintage '65 Reissue. My first Strat was a '65 I bought in '68 and stupidly sold years ago to fund college. I have been wanting a reissue since they came out, but could not rationalize the $. This one showed up about a month ago used, but pristine, at the local Guitar Center. After spending time with it and several negotiations with the Manager, I got an incredible deal! WONDERFUL Strat!

The Les Paul was everything it is reputed to be, but just not for me.

Last edited by terrapin; 02-01-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:57 PM

Russ, I'm glad you posted a follow-up. Based on your comments in your Les Paul thread, I was worried the LP would sit under your bed and never get played.

Tell us more about the American Vintage '65 Reissue. Is it a custom shop vintage series?

I'll just add that Les Pauls are fantastic, for Les Paul players. Same is true for Strats, and that's where your heart is. Enjoy!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:08 PM

Dru,
Not Custom Shop, just top of the line production. Pretty much just like my old, real '65. Fatter neck than my American Standard, but just right with the 7.5" radius. Custom Shop '65 Authenic Greybottom pickups that are so piano like. Significantly more aggressive than the Vintage '54 pickups in my A. Standard.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:25 PM

I gave mine away after not playing it for years. But the good news is it's now in the hands of one who can really play it the way it should be played and is not collecting dust. I also prefer the strat.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 AM

This guitar is absolutely fabulous! I feel like I got an old friend back!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars