The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-08-2024, 07:49 AM

Default In Ear Monitors with AER Acoustic AMP

Hi

Does anyone have an AER acoustic amp that they use for solo acoustic gigs?

I play some venues that I sometimes struggle to hear myself and they have no monitors, so I've bought a pair of Shure IEM's but I'm having to plug them into the SEND input into the amp in order for them to work, but then the volume on the IEM's doesn't go up or down when I click them, so something's not right.

Any help in what other people do? Much appreciated
Old 04-08-2024, 08:25 AM

Try the Xvive U4 - plug the transmitter into the line out of your AER to then your in ears into the receiver and you値l be good to go.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut
Old 04-08-2024, 08:34 AM

I read that the OP wants their IEMs to work - not asking to purchase a different product.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBeckett View Post
Hi

Does anyone have an AER acoustic amp that they use for solo acoustic gigs?

I've bought a pair of Shure IEM's but I'm having to plug them into the SEND input into the amp in order for them to work, but then the volume on the IEM's doesn't go up or down when I click them, so something's not right.
You might want to state which AER amp you have. Are you running a mixer to your amp? If so, your mixer should have a studio out with individual volume control. Also, what is your stage set up - where do you have the amp relative to where you're standing?
Old 04-08-2024, 08:43 AM

I have the AER Compact 60 amp. It's sometimes quite close to me, but some venues want the sound really low and background, and some venues want it loud and plugged into their PA system.
I can't win sometimes when it comes to hearing myself good and proper. So that's why I've bought IEMs. I don't use a mixer though. just the onboard amp controls.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:18 AM

What are you using to drive/control your in-ears? Your IEM "system" needs to be controlled by your IEM amplifier. That's where your settings reside. Even on a very basic IEM system you should have volume and balance controls. If you only purchased the ear buds, you are likely missing an important component of your IEM "system". If that's what you have, I suggest buying a small mixer into your AER and running your in-ear monitors from a volume controlled out from your mixer. Otherwise, you can run a small wedge/monitor from your DI out on your amp.

Do you have your AER behind you at head level or on the floor? Placement of the amp may help but not in every situation.

Last edited by LAPlayer; 04-08-2024 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:53 AM

Deleted this post
Old 04-08-2024, 11:38 AM

To the OP, did you buy an IEM system? Or just the SE215 earbuds? If so, what system? You mention "clicking" them. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Can you clarify please?
Old 04-08-2024, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPlayer View Post
I read that the OP wants their IEMs to work - not asking to purchase a different product.
If he痴 just got in ears he needs something to drive them - I知 not suggesting a different product just something to work alongside the in ears

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut
Old 04-08-2024, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
If he痴 just got in ears he needs something to drive them - I知 not suggesting a different product just something to work alongside the in ears

I understand, thanks. You confused me with two different accounts. While the OP hasn't confirmed it, I suspect they just purchased the ear buds. I've suggested that to the OP but don't know what their plans are as they haven't responded.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
Try the Xvive U4 - plug the transmitter into the line out of your AER to then your in ears into the receiver and you値l be good to go.
This would be my first thought but a similar thing could be achieved with a wired solution such as the Behringer P2 at 1/4 the price if you池e not leaping around the arena stage.

It should be noted that neither of these solutions include any kind of proper limiter which means you値l have to take responsibility for making sure SPLs going to your eardrums is at sensible levels

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification