The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 PM

Default 2112jefferson?

This vendor is all over eBay like an oil spill. Does anyone know anything about him? Hard to believe anyone could have that many guitars for sale (literally dozens of vintage archtops, for instance) and be asking so little as a starting price. Which hardly inspires confidence. Just wondering what the story is here. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:47 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
This vendor is all over eBay like an oil spill. Does anyone know anything about him? Hard to believe anyone could have that many guitars for sale (literally dozens of vintage archtops, for instance) and be asking so little as a starting price. Which hardly inspires confidence. Just wondering what the story is here. Thanks.
Jimmie,
I have no idea who this vendor is.

However his feedback is really good and he only takes Paypal which is good for the buyer and the seller.

He does a lot of antique furniture so it's not surprising that he runs into old guitars all the time. He probably picks them up for very little and therefore can put them up at low starting prices.

He will not end auctions early and seems to go 'by the book', for what it's worth, so to speak.

Most of the guitars I saw in a quick perusing were not really valuable or rare, and he makes it clear that these are being sold as he found them.

Look for his negative feedback and see what, if any, reasons were cited for complaints.

HE
Old 10-08-2010, 06:06 AM

I don't know anything about them but the following quote from their listings always turns me off. You don't know if you're getting an all original guitar, one that needs a neck reset or refret, loose or missing braces. Unfortunately, they can't answer those questions because they're not "guitar experts". Honest statement, but hardly induces any confidence as to the condition of the guitar. Prices seem very reasonable though. Caveat emptor.

Quote:
We are not guitar players or experts. We pick up great vintage guitars from all over the USA. We are not the original owner, so we do not know when, where or if any modifications have ever been made to these guitars, nor do we know what repairs, if any, they will need.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 AM

I won a guitar from them but did not take delivery because the guitar-listed as a Kalamazoo kg14 was actually a kg-11. In some respects it was my own fault. I should have looked more closely at the photos. However, they have the guitar relisted as a kg14. that really bothers me because it is NOT a kg14. I explained to them why it is not and they sent me a quote from a vintage guitar guide that made no sense. Anyway, they are probably fine folks, but they are not or pretend to not be guitar experts.
1939 Gibson Kamalazoo Oriole
1968 Harmony Monteray
1999 Gibson Les Paul Classic
1910 Bruno Parlor

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion