The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-17-2018, 02:32 PM

Default Eastman E10 00

Has anybody had the chance to play one of these little 12 fretters? Looks like a gorgeous guitar at an absolutely great price point. I'll be honest, I have not yet played an Eastman but the company as a whole has gained highly positive recognition on this forum and I have even heard people state that they are on the same level of some builders at twice the price point. If this is the case, I am seriously interested in testing some out! Cheers.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:36 PM
Get off my lawn kid

I haven't played one either, but their 40 has bling like a Martin 42. Really nice looking.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 03-17-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMan1990 View Post
Has anybody had the chance to play one of these little 12 fretters? Looks like a gorgeous guitar at an absolutely great price point. I'll be honest, I have not yet played an Eastman but the company as a whole has gained highly positive recognition on this forum and I have even heard people state that they are on the same level of some builders at twice the price point. If this is the case, I am seriously interested in testing some out! Cheers.
As pointed out above, Eastman builds a pretty good guitar - I've got their E40--OM, and it's a very nice instrument. There are a few vids of the E10-00 out there -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMxFRdxB-R0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4uvO-ykvR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRlSapQxXmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pve23K_pG-g
Taylor 356ce
Taylor 514ce
Taylor Baby-M
Eastman E40-OM

Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster
Fender Baja Telecaster
Fender MIJ Telecaster Custom
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute Bluesboy Semi-Hollow
Rickenbacker 620/12
Gretsch 6120
Godin Multiac Nylon Duet Ambience
Old 03-17-2018, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

I have the 14 fret, paddle head version. E20OOss. It is my second Eastman and I love them both. Amazing guitars. Beautiful wood, fit and finish are excellent, the neck profile is not too thin, not too fat. I love my Eastmans and the price is only icing on the cake.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:09 PM

I was going to buy either a E10 00 or the E20 00 making my mind on which one sounded better to me that particular day. I have a friend who bought a 00-18 brand new and never bonded with it, complaining it was too small and over time kept bugging me about buying it knowing i was about to pull the trigger on a 00 Eastman.
Well one day in mid november he asked me again and again so said well if you sell it to me what the Eastman's cost and we'll have deal. Well it took him a couple days to think it over and he finally yes. It surprised me because he could sold it for hundreds more to someone else.

Anyways, Having owned the 00-18 for 4 months, the Eastman E10 isn't really that far off in tone, build considering it sells for around $800 less. If the Martin hadn't come along when it did, I'd be the proud owner an great Eastman 00.

All i can say is that if the Martin isn't out of your price range, it is a great guitar to have as is the Eastman. Good luck on your search! I would give a slight edge to the Martin.
Tom
E20 OM-SB Eastman
Old 03-17-2018, 07:10 PM

I had an E20-00 and really liked it, as others have said it played way above its pay grade. It was a very good fingerstyle guitar.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:15 AM

Think His is playing an E10 00 SB here and His&Hers do an excellent take
Old 08-17-2022, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Think His is playing an E10 00 SB here and His&Hers do an excellent take
Excellent performance but there was definitely some reverb added in so something to consider when listening for the true sound of the guitar.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMan1990 View Post
Hi, I bought an E20-P 9which is a size "0" in 2019, and an E40-00 in 2020.

As a Collings Santa Cruz player, I was and still am really very impressed with both my Eastmans (which have both opened up and improved considerably since making this vid:

Old 08-17-2022, 11:18 AM

OP, Just have to go with your wood tonal likes. In my case I prefer Eastmans spruce over mahogany. Rosewood seems a bit brighter and rich for my likes which are woodier with less overtones. I really like my E10 OM for those reasons and interested in the E10 00 also

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion