The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-19-2023, 02:06 PM

Default LR Baggs M80 in Epiphone DR500MCE

Thinking about installing an M80 in my DR 500MCE. Plan on removing the ESonic strap end jack and and putting in the M80. Will still keep the ESonic preamp installed. really like the on board tuner. Playing thru a Fishman Loudbox Performer
DI out to PA system. I think the M80 will allow me to increase volume without feedback. Any Thoughts
Thanks
Rick
Old 03-23-2023, 04:47 PM

Placed the M80 in the sound hole with the end pin jack out. Set the EQ knobs on the LB Performer to all center position. Compared ESonic to the M80. Really impressed with the M80 very Full all strings ring clear. Also my pedal board plugged into the effects loop sounds fantastic. The mag pickup really goes great with my Tremolo, Reverb and Delay pedals.
Rick
Old 03-24-2023, 11:27 AM

Engaging the tuner won't mute the output anymore, and the M80 volume control is a bit of a pain (for me), especially if I haven't been running it full up. I solved it by going to a pedal tuner. More junk to carry around, but it mutes, and it's crazy bright so I can see it outdoors.

Couch Standards
Old 03-31-2023, 05:34 AM

Yes I Know I just use the mute function on the Loud box Performer.
Installing the M80 was the best thing.....love the sound of my guitar
Rick

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification