The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-18-2017, 07:35 PM

Default Sorry folks, It's been too long!

Hello everyone, I know I've disappear after the woodstock show. The truth is that I've been traveling through U.S. and just came home yesterday, so this is the first time I got to use my laptop for the past 20ish days!

I had so much fun during my travel and needless to say it was an epic trip, get to meet some of the AGFers and put some faces to the names just made my time in woodstock even better, also special thanks to Diamondave, man did I have some good time in LA!! Without further ado, here's some finally pictures of #19, I have to say this is nothing I expected...because it is way better than I expected, I mean wayyy better, Julian you da man!

2021 Buendia OMF Swiss Moon/BRW
2022 Isaac Jang OM
2023 Kraut OO
Old 11-18-2017, 09:48 PM

Howard amazing guitar! I wasn't able to meet Julian this time around at Woodstock; he just happened to have stepped away when I visited his table. I always love his details - to me have an Art Deco feel to them... congrats!
Old 11-20-2017, 12:13 PM

Congratulations Howard. What an absolutely stunning guitar! Do you have it in your possession already?? Would love to hear more about it

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-20-2017, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Howard....! Pleasure meeting you last week, and such a blast getting to play this Gaffney build... Julian, YOU THE MAN...!!! What a guitar, one of those love at first strum vibes... Congrats Howard
Old 11-22-2017, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
Howard amazing guitar! I wasn't able to meet Julian this time around at Woodstock; he just happened to have stepped away when I visited his table. I always love his details - to me have an Art Deco feel to them... congrats!
Thank you, did we miss you at woodstock? We'll definitely meet again in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Congratulations Howard. What an absolutely stunning guitar! Do you have it in your possession already?? Would love to hear more about it
Thanks man, I do have it around for a few days now and I'm loving it! Since I don't have any recording equipments, nor my playing will do this guitar justice...so I guess I won't embarrass myself with a recording

From physical perspective, this is an exceptionally light-weigth guitar even with laminated sides, and the neck is very comfortable for me - I asked Julian to repolish the neck with his own french polish method, I like it much better compare to the original. with a more smooth and less glossy feeling. Sound-wise it has that natural reverb and airy tone, it's one of if not the most important tonal quality that appeal to both Julian and me. Since we pretty much like the same sound from a guitar, so Julian knows exactly what I mean and made the guitar accordingly. Perhaps in the near future I can let someone who is 1000 times better at playing than me to demo the guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
Howard....! Pleasure meeting you last week, and such a blast getting to play this Gaffney build... Julian, YOU THE MAN...!!! What a guitar, one of those love at first strum vibes... Congrats Howard
Thank you Dave, the pleasure is mine! Based on your amazing collection, it means a lot for me (and Julian) that you like his work!
2021 Buendia OMF Swiss Moon/BRW
2022 Isaac Jang OM
2023 Kraut OO
Old 11-22-2017, 06:08 AM

That is absolutely amazing! Up there with the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen. I'm sure the sound is equally amazing!

My YouTube

Facebook

"Only by becoming acquainted with your own self,
can you gain the composure to write original music"

Michael Hedges ♫

Last edited by cigarfan; 11-22-2017 at 06:13 AM. Reason: masked profanity
Old 11-22-2017, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Oh my...simply STUNNING! I love the geometric design throughout, and the detail does not get any better than this.
...and "The Tree" ... gorgeous!
Please post some sound clips once you two become acquainted.

Congratulations!

Collings ~ Taylor ~ Martin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop