The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 01-25-2017, 03:10 PM

Default Humbled

Last night I was asked to fill for a stand up bass player in an Orchestral group.
A little off bringing an electric bass rig to the rehearsal.....they knew what they were getting.

The song they were working on was Pachelbel's Cannon in D .

8 little notes humbled me fiercely.
To play them cleanly, even volume with feeling and timing. It was a challenge for sure. Now I can't stop practicing it because I want to be able to play it clean for the duration of the song.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:55 PM

Good job. I grew up playing that song in a string group every year for Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. We had 2 violins, a viola and a cello. It was always special.

Then several years back it hit the wedding circuit and has become the Freebird, Stairway to Heaven and Sweet Home Alabama of chamber music. I never want to hear it again.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:30 AM

A sketch about Pachelbel's one hit wonder. A fantastic piece done a bit to death. (starts about 03:12 minutes in)
https://www.facebook.com/bbcradio3/v...8303280858224/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write