The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-07-2021, 06:03 PM

Default Yamaha MG06X mixer. Both outputs simultaneously.?

Hie everyone.

i have a Yamaha MG06X mixer and wanna get a stereo signal simultaneously from XLR & PHONE 6.35mm outputs ?
In my case i wanna buy a PA amplifier with 4 channels using it with 2 pairs of speakers.

Did anyone did it before, is this possible ?
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:24 PM

Possible? Sure. Although the XLR and 1/4" outputs likely parallel and not isolated from each other, so any noise or disturbance on the line might affect the other. In any case, the mixer is surely capable of driving two lines from the same output. It's basically like putting a Y-cable on the output, except you're using connectors on the mixer to do it.

That said, most high quality 4 channel amps can route any input to any output(s). Even basic ones can usually parallel the inputs in pairs, meaning you can drive 2 channels from 1 input. You could daisy chain that input to the other channels, or to another amp if needed.

I don't think it's worth using the 1/4" outputs unless you have a distinct need. XLR is a much more robust connector, and you can probably do everything you need without using the 1/4" outputs at all.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:03 PM

Thumbs up Thanks

Thank you so much for your detailed answer.
I appreciate all your advices and i will consider your warnings.

My best : Yannis

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
yamaha mg06x mixer, yamaha mg06x outputs