The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-03-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio917 View Post
I started this link 'cause I'm looking at a parlor for a boat guitar but I'm 200 miles from the nearest rainsong dealer which doesn't currently have a parlor anyways. So at the moment Internet research is only source or info. Our boat has limited size so the parlor looks perfect. Nothing cooler than sailing in the middle of the night out in the pacific ocean playing to the stars! But...I digress.

Anyways, sure appreciate all the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post

You will love the neck. I swear.
Ted can make those boat guitar dreams come true.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:50 AM

I have a Shorty with an N2 neck. I am not a huge fan of the neck. I would prefer a thinner profile, and rounded fretboard edges. It's not terrible, but I'd change it if I could.

All of the other benefits of the guitar outweigh the neck though. I really like the guitar. I buy and sell guitars a LOT, and I've kept it for almost 4 years, which tells you how I feel about it.
Rhoney Oceana
Warmoth Jazzcaster
Old 04-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Guest 928

CB;

Good to hear from you. I know you've tried a number of guitars and I was wondering if you've given the Journey a ride? And if so, what did you think of the neck?
Old 04-13-2016, 12:43 PM

The arthritis in both of my hands is getting worse. I am really considering a Shorty 12, with hopes that the shorter scale will help with chording. I already own a great WS 1000 with the N1 neck, which I love.

I live in the St. Louis area and hope to play a Shorty in the next week or two.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:46 PM

Lighter gauge strings, or your regular string type tuned down by one-half step or one whole step also lowers the tension. Every little bit helps. PM sent too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber