The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD - Epiphone ES-335 Limited

I bought a discounted returned Epi Dot on ebay, the seller being MF. I was advised almost right away that the guitar had sold through their website a couple hours earlier and if I called the guy writing the email, he would help me make other arrangements.

I was offered a killer price on a new Dot, but found this instead and got a great price on it too. It arrived today and I'm thrilled with it. It's got Alnico Classic Pro pickups with coil splitting. The workmanship on the guitar is beautiful and the electronics work well without cutting out until turned all the way down.

I'm really happy with this and considering all the tones it produces, there will be a few guitars for sale soon. Certain things like the neck profile and tones make me feel like it could be a nearly perfect guitar for me.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 PM

Nice score there. This does not help me though as I've been looking at electric guitars the past few weeks. I believe I am coming down with a case of 'GAS'.

Enjoy......
Old 02-19-2014, 08:14 PM

No wonder you got a good deal, they built it upside down!!! Honestly, Congrats. Beautiful guitar!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:37 PM

Just got one myself. I played several other models and kept coming back to this. Besides the appeal of the coil split, it just felt great to play.

Enjoy!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:02 AM

Congrats! Looks like you have a few records in the corner that you can play along to What guitars are you expecting to put up for sale?
Old 02-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Charter Member

Hey Dru - Yes, I kept my daughter's old stereo she had in her college dorm room because it had a turn table on it. I do play my old vinyl records sometimes.

As for what I'll sell, I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking I'll sell my Epi 339, probably one of two Strat copies, probably an SX 335 style and I'm already preparing my Epi Wildkat to sell. Whether I have an Epi Dot Deluxe I'm trying to decide how to modify, but this new guitar makes me wonder if I should bother. I have an Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro I'm thinking about modifying or selling.

I just need to decide what I want to have fun with and what I should sell instead of letting it sit in the corner.

If any of these I mentioned interests you, let me know. We'll work something out.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Congrats! Very nice.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

I played a satin-finish walnut Epiphone 335 copy, and I was really impressed by it, especially for the money! Now, I love my 345 and all, but I couldn't believe how nice a guitar that Epi was...

Congratulations! Enjoy that beauty...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 02-20-2014, 03:36 PM

These Epi semis can be surprisingly good. I like the blond finish. A coil split in a neck humbucker can be a useful option I'm still trying to perfect that.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

I'm pleasantly surprised how much guts the pickups have in single coil mode, specially the bridge. It's not the slightest bit thin.

It's really got me thinking about what to sell. I have 3 other 335 style guitars and an Epi 339 too. One of them will probably get humbucker size P90s in it, but the others will go. I'm debating all the various permutations and paralysis by analysis is such fun.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars