The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-14-2017, 03:47 AM

Default Musical possession

Isn't this a wonderful example of musical possession

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKp7P6ZpYz4

Possession is where the music is at and its about being prepared for when its influence is felt.
Trouble is i do not practice my theory half as much as i need to to be able to perform ...my vocabulary is too small to stay under its (music) influence long enough .Thats why after a long spell away from guitar (2005) i have returned to basics and am putting in the effort to learn the fretboard and its many combinations .Learning bits and pieces of songs was ok to get to know a few chord back in the day but it isnt enough for what i am looking for this time round .I'm looking for to be prepared for when musics influence takes control again .I know it happens because its happened in the past but my fretboard theory and practice was such that i couldn't remain possessed long enough for to perform .I went for the quick fix of learning bits and pieces of songs instead of theory and practice of ...just where i'm at as a player (or a wanna be player).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write