The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-19-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Not sure what the G12C greenbacks are like but the normal ones are relatively low efficiency. They could actually be quieter than smaller speakers with high efficiency. Smaller speakers might even break up later because of the smaller (and therefore stiffer) cone - everything else being equal which of course it may not be.
But you are still moving ALOT of air!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
Dru. Don't you find you are kinda defeating the purpose of a low wattage amp for home use when you push all that air with a 4X12. That's why I bought the little Blackstar 4X8 cabinet. It pushes a lot more air than a 1X12, but still allows me to push the speakers and keep the volume down.
I'm actually looking for a used 2x12 cab. Something will come up at the local guitar store.

I have a Traynor YCV50 (blue) combo. It has a single Vintage 30. It has a speaker cable that you can unplug from the amp ... perhaps I can plug it into the H&K. I'm going to read up on it first though. The H&K handles 8 or 16 ohms.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:33 PM

I used the HK into my homemade 2x12 with V30's. It sounded good at any volume actually, as long as I wasn't looking for clean tones. This thing is a gain monster.

I also did use the DI and power soak feature quite a bit, and went direct to my mixer, either into headphones or monitors when practicing late at night.

Overall, I really do like this little amp. It's still at the consignment shop though.

Between my modded JetCity Pico 5w, and now the little Vox, the H&K was redundant.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars