The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-20-2015, 01:33 PM

Default MJ and Seymour Duncan Custom Shop pickups - the best!

Regardless of there being many excellent builders of excellent guitar pickups, some of the very best I've ever used came from the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop and were wound be either Seymour, or most often: MJ.

Here's a nice little article about MJ from Premier Guitar.

http://www.premierguitar.com/article...tom-shop-queen

I'm a huge fan of their Antiquity Surfer pickups for Stratocasters. These are extremely similar to those powerful Strat pickups from 1962 that I've I've always liked better than those from the 1950's.

I'm also a huge fan of the Custom Shop Telecaster pickups and use the Custom Shop Jerry Donahue model in my favorite old Tele...and the Hot For Tele Tapped as the bridge pickup in one of my favorite Stratocasters.

Seagull CW w/Baggs M1 pickup...National Vintage Steel Tricone...SWR California Blonde Amp

Last edited by Gypsyblue; 01-20-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:51 PM

MJ is well known and well respected in the pickup world. It's a great article. For some reason, I though MJ was older, lol.

I'm a big fan of Seymour Duncan pickups and have about a dozen in my guitars although I don't have anything from their custom shop. I have a Custom Custom but that's a little different.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars