The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Default Elixir HD and Bourgeois OM

I've been using D'addario EJ 16s on my Bourgeois OMC Adi/Madi and happy with them, but tempted to try out the new Elixr HDs. Anyone with a similar OM wood configuration try the new Elixirs yet? Opinion? Also interested in trying them on my Bourgeois O Italian/Madi. Opinions? I'm primarily a chord melody, jazz arrangement type player. Or at least I am trying to be. Not sure if I'll ever get there.

Buscarino Cabaret
Bourgeois OMC (Adi/Madagascar)
Bourgeois OO (Aged Tone Adi/Mahogany)
Bourgeois 0 (Italian spruce/Madagascar)
Old 03-06-2014, 04:04 PM
G625 mistral-k

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryb View Post
I've been using D'addario EJ 16s on my Bourgeois OMC Adi/Madi and happy with them, but tempted to try out the new Elixr HDs. Anyone with a similar OM wood configuration try the new Elixirs yet? Opinion? Also interested in trying them on my Bourgeois O Italian/Madi. Opinions? I'm primarily a chord melody, jazz arrangement type player. Or at least I am trying to be. Not sure if I'll ever get there.
We used and liked the EJ 16's. We did not like the Elixir's. Now, we like the GHS PB's 12-54's and we really like them a lot. To be fair, we are not fans of coated strings. Good luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion