The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-26-2014, 04:58 AM

Default New Acoustic Song-- Feedback Appreciated, Thanks!

This is a demo of a song I wrote... Feedback appreciated! Thanks!

https://andreweisenberg.bandcamp.com/track/team-of-two

Last edited by andeis93; 10-29-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:50 AM

Feedback anyone?! haha
Old 10-29-2014, 09:16 PM

Not bad, guitar is all right, but you seem to struggle singing those high notes.

Kenny Hill Estudio 650

https://soundcloud.com/viable-to-stray
Old 10-30-2014, 11:28 AM

This is a nice song in general, but I have to agree that the singing voice does not sound goot. The change to the head voice (I am not shure if this is the right translation) is quite weird.

But nevertheless a great song. Maybe you could change/improve the singing part.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:38 PM

Strong melody and a nice main arpeggio guitar line. I kept expecting a significant shift to another chord, especially a minor. I think this would break up the singular guitar line throughout and help distinguish the verses from the chorus.

The upper register vocals are a struggle, and I certainly am not a good singer, so I admire anyone willing to put it out there. If you were to recruit a vocalist to sing this and vary the guitar a bit, you could really have something. The melody is compelling.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracecovenant View Post
...I kept expecting a significant shift to another chord, especially a minor...
My thoughts exactly. I can hear a bridge with this Bm/B - Bm/A - G - D2/F# - Em9 - A7sus - A7

I don't mind your vocal...the high parts you can work on...I think your voice would sound much better mic'd up close with a fuller dynamic range.

Thanks for sharing!
Ed

Hoffman L-00 w JJB
Kronbauer TDK w K&K
Martin OM-35 w K&K
Gibsons: J-150 w Fishman, CL-35 w JJB, Hummingbird w JJB, Les Paul Custom
Crafter TM-035 w JJB
Recording King ROS-647 w JJB
Voyage-Air OM-04, Washburn Red Rocker
Amps: Crate 2x12, Peaveys, LoudBox Artist
Pickups: JJB & K&K Mini
Callaway Big Bertha Clubs
Old 10-31-2014, 09:03 AM

Andrew:

This is okay but your voice sounds a little strained. The accompaniment is fine but either practice the song and focus on comfort when you produce tone from your voice. I haven't sang publicly for years but I'm starting back and I'm very in-tune to making my whole presentation flawless. I notice that when I can focus on producing notes and not just the lyrics, my style changes some but the notes are less strained and ultimately the whole song sounds better. Our voice is an instrument just like our guitar. I've played guitar for 48 years and I'm very comfortable with it. My voice not so much. I actually don't like my own voice but I'm 52 yrs old and still on a quest to make it better. Nice job but keep improving things.

Email signup for News: https://www.facebook.com/DavidLWhite...00265896690345

Taylor 818e Grand Orchestra Rosewood Back and Sides
Taylor 214ce-n Grand Auditorium Nylon
Guild DV-52 Dreadnought Steel String
Yamaha CG172SF Flamenco/Classical Nylon
Stratocaster Copy
Squier P-Bass
Old 11-03-2014, 01:56 PM

Thumbs up

I agree with the others that this song needs a bridge. But other than that, I thought your voice sounded pretty darn good. What you're lacking is a better vocal mic, more compression, and the right amount of the properly chosen reverb and a bit of chorus. As someone who's done a significant amount of production work, I understand exactly what you're trying to capture in the emotion of your voice. I don't think you should take that away, but I think you should record the guitar track and vocal track separately. That way you could concentrate solely on your vocals and get it exactly were you want it to be. I used to use a technique in which we would have the singer sing the main vocal track multiple times and then run the two best tracks together with one if them at a slightly lower volume. It gives your vocal a fatter tone with a haunting chorus sound that no electronic effect can duplicate.

In short... add a bridge and try experimenting with my suggestions. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the results.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell