The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Default New Breedlove acoustic bass in the house... what strings as replacements?

Mods, please move this if I posted it in the wrong forum. Wasn't sure which one to put it in.

Just picked-up my 5th Breedlove acoustic guitar (traded my Marshall DSL50 tube amp head for it). It's a Passport series acoustic bass and has a great tone. I recently got an acoustic rock trio going with a couple of friends and felt we needed some more bottom end for some of the tunes. This bass plays well, and has a big, open, clear sound. Nice bottom end, but with a crisp presence to it as well.

What strings should I be looking at as replacements? I always like to have spares handy immediately.

Btw... my dealer informed me that he just ordered the Breedlove KO VTG mandolin that I've been drooling over on their site. So I guess I'll be an owner of SIX Breedlove acoustic instruments before long.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion