The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-09-2001, 06:33 PM

Cool

Thanks for additional info....I'm going to get my hands (and brain) on the Mark Hanson books, and will then branch into the others you've recommended as time allows.

I wish I still had my John Fahey album "Of rivers and religion"...but than I'd have to hook up the turntable.

Later,
Old 04-14-2001, 12:53 PM

Cool

I was reading (alot about Mrs. M, actually) on the "stairway" thread, but thought I'd come back here for continuity.

My deepest thanks and appreciation for turning me (and all the TAS sufferers) onto the fingerstyle instruction books of Mark Hanson. If the others you recommend are of the same ilk, I'm sure that I will be owning them in the near future.

Got the Hanson books yesterday (from accentonmusic.com) and made it thru O-I and I-O....played the practice songs (sloop John B. and Barleycorn -- the former is already recognizable, the latter I'm still in the slow meter range due to the many changes), then hacked into CS&N 4+20 and made it sound delightful (Mrs. Bondo's words were "beautiful" and I was screwing up L+R when she made that comment).

Got up this morning and made it to pinch, and that seem very natural (easy). Went back to 4+20 and did pinch for the verse, and made it sound better. Also, waded into some old Dave Mason (Every woman) and made that sound sweet. I hope you have a hint about how much fun I'm having as a direct result of your counsel and JR's website. OK, group hug.

Many thanks and Happy Easter (He is risen).
Old 04-15-2001, 07:43 AM

Smile

Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 04-18-2001, 05:46 PM

Smile

tbondo,

update on the fingerpicking?
Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 04-20-2001, 11:29 PM

Cool

MTrees,

Spent the week on the road (NJ and Texas...via Continental), so haven't had much opportunity to practice, and therefore no progress.....I'm back to FL as of 9 PM, and zapped out....I'll be perkier tomorrow....hoping to do some review and then get to 4th mode (DNA or something)....thanks for checking/encouragement.

Manana,

tb

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell