The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 03-11-2018, 04:48 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default New Model: Brown Series 1.0 mm tri w grip holes. An Industry First.

First & Most Important: This model is EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK. I've made only a handful of these, to see if they will be as popular as I think they will. This is also an industry exlusive, folks; we are the only company on the planet offering this fantastic material with grip holes, in any size or shape. And at 1.0 mm thickness, it's the perfect for many thousands of players.

IN STOCK: These are up on our website and available for immediate ordering. They will be pulled down as soon as all are sold out.

Here is the direct link: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...t-1-25-w-holes

A word on thickness: We are a true artisan shop. This means everything in our shop is hand sanded and finished. We try to get as close to spec as possible. These all run between .95 mm to 1.0 mm thick.

FREE SHIPPING: Remember to compare apples to apples. Everyone else slams you for shipping in checkout, anywhere from $2.00 to $5.00 per pick; we never do. In fact, we think this is insulting. We ALWAYS pay for shipping, directly to your front door, and will never slip in a hidden copay freight charge in checkout. How dishonest.

Price: $37.50. Again, remember, this includes free freight. We have extra fabrication processes to get this one as perfect as we can get it.

And no, Mick, you can't borrow any money.

Thanks, Everyone!

Scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 03-11-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Once people find out about this model, we expect this to be one of our hottest sellers. Anyway, I could be wrong, so we'll see. One thing I've learned: the marketplace will always tell you whether you missed the mark or hit the bullseye.....

scott memmer
Old 04-12-2018, 05:34 PM
AGF Sponsor

Early reports on this model have been very positive. Not only do the drilled holes improve the grip, they also lend a bit more flex to the material. Thus, you're playing a 1.0 mm thick pick, but the added flex probably makes if feel like an .85 mm, somewhere in there.

Pretty cool model. We expect this to be one of our top sellers, once word gets out.

thanks,
scott memmer
Old 04-13-2018, 09:21 AM

Just ordered one - looking forward to trying this one! If it's anything like Scott's other models, it'll be a winner.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:56 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillStephen View Post
Just ordered one - looking forward to trying this one! If it's anything like Scott's other models, it'll be a winner.
Steve, yours shipped yesterday. Do you believe we actually had something on the shelf when you ordered it? What's this world coming to?

Let me know when she comes in for a landing.

Enjoy!
scott
Old 04-18-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Steve, yours shipped yesterday. Do you believe we actually had something on the shelf when you ordered it? What's this world coming to?

Let me know when she comes in for a landing.

Enjoy!
scott
Miracles do happen! Looking forward to trying it out.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey Steve, did it hit yet? Early reports are very promising. Feel free to post a review, good, bad or indifferent, once you put that one through its paces.

Take Care,
Scott
Old 04-30-2018, 08:02 AM

Let me preface my review with a couple of points:

1. I have always played a teardrop pick
2. My preferences have been the Herco Gold and CL Black (I've tried CL Red and Brown also)
3. I have played the Wegen Bluegrass with the holes and hadn't noticed much of a difference in grip (very nice picks)
4. All the playing was on a Collings 02H with baked top and D'Addario EJ-16s

So my first impression was "wow, that's a large pick in my hand!". I really thought it was too big and would move around in my hand, especially when strumming. After a very short period, the pick just melted into my hand and I never noticed it again - even when switching between it and the TDs for comparison.

It was almost as loud as the Herco, but not as bright. When strumming, it had a much warmer, fuller tone than either the Herco or the CL Black (I had found the CL Black to have nicer tone to my ear than the red or brown). I don't know if that fuller tone is due more to the shape or not. It had no more pick noise than any of the others, maybe even a bit less (again, a surprise to me).

Having never played another tri, I don't know if the holes added to the control/feel or not.

On single note runs, it is crisp and clear - certainly a much nicer play than the TDs as it seemed to catch less.

So overall, I would highly recommend that those that have mostly played TDs, try out this tri. I also really liked how it gave a warmer, fuller tone while strumming, but was also plenty loud.

I think I may be moving into a new direction with my pick playing...
Old 05-03-2018, 03:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

Steve, forgive my delay in response to this lengthy and detailed review. Saw it the other day and forgot to get back.

Steve, one of the things that I've noticed when playing this model is something I believe a lot of players will notice, once word gets out.

Although it's 1.0 mm thick, because of the holes it has a bit more flex than a standard 1.0 mm triangle would have. So you get that nice, meatier feel of a thicker pick but the flex of a thinner. Plus most players will notice improved control due to the grip holes.

We'll see how it goes. The .75 mm brown tri is one of our hottest models, but this one may give it a run for it's money once word gets around. Time will tell.

Thanks Again, Steve,
Scott Memmer
Old 05-04-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Steve, forgive my delay in response to this lengthy and detailed review. Saw it the other day and forgot to get back.

Steve, one of the things that I've noticed when playing this model is something I believe a lot of players will notice, once word gets out.

Although it's 1.0 mm thick, because of the holes it has a bit more flex than a standard 1.0 mm triangle would have. So you get that nice, meatier feel of a thicker pick but the flex of a thinner. Plus most players will notice improved control due to the grip holes.

We'll see how it goes. The .75 mm brown tri is one of our hottest models, but this one may give it a run for it's money once word gets around. Time will tell.

Thanks Again, Steve,
Scott Memmer
I guess you're saying I should give the .75 brown a try for comparison!
Old 05-04-2018, 10:03 AM
AGF Sponsor

Steve, actually, no. I was thinking more along the lines of people who already own our very popular clt-75 to give this one a try as a comparison. You've bought enough from us. Save some money for food.

sm
Old 05-07-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Save some money for food.

sm
Or better yet, maybe a new guitar!
Old 05-31-2018, 09:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

I played this new model at a jam today and it is very, very cool. In fact, of the brown tris we offer this is my favorite model (as a player, not a business owner). Check it out.

It's cool, cuz it's 1.00 mm thick, but the holes give it the flex and feel of a thinner pick. So you kinda get the best of both worlds. That, plus the grips hole, make it an excellent all-around pick. I'm certain this will be one of our biggest sellers once word gets out there.

thanks,
scott memmer

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace