The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-12-2016, 08:25 PM

Default Strings on Taylor NS72ce

After I thought about the post I had made regarding a Ramirez 4E and strings, the responses that post got, I started thinking about my go to guitar -- my Taylor NS72ce...

This is the guitar I pick up most of the time and I have been using Pro Arte composite (with the tan string). I just happen to like that combination but had always thought I wanted a little more treble presence. So I put on Pro Arte carbons for the trebs.

I like the way it turned out. It seemed to add a little more snap to the high end. I still use the rest from the composite set. This guitar seems to have a lot of voice in the base.

I put a combination of dynacore base and nylon on the Ramirez...sounds o.k., but I still gravitate to the Taylor NS72ce.

Also someone recommended changing bass strings twice (?) as often. I like this idea also.

Feel free to comment on the recording I did a few minutes ago. The NS72ce plugged directly into an Olympus LS10 recorder.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical