The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-30-2001, 08:43 AM

Question John Cephas CD-ROMS

Has anybody ever tried these?

John Cephas CD-ROMS

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Guitar Dad ]

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!
Old 08-30-2001, 11:02 PM

Cool

Nope. But I bet they're great, considering what a huge talent Mr. Cephus happens to be.
Old 08-31-2001, 08:56 AM

Agree on Cephas. I downloaded a brief sample from the "Key To The Highway" lesson. Cephas and his Taylor sound great. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like he only uses his thumb and first finger on his right (picking hand)!

I emailed the publisher, and they told me that the CDs do not come with TAB, but TAB will be mailed eventually to all customers. They claim that you don't need the TAB because of the multitude of camera angles. I prefer to have the tab in front of me, especially if I want to practice away from my PC, which I normally do. Nevertheless, the CDs are pretty cheap.

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!
Old 09-20-2001, 08:34 AM

It's such a small world. John Cephas daughter is the administrative manager of my office and a good friend. My own Taylor, a custom-ordered dreadnaught with 900 woods and 700 cosmetics, is essentially a "Cephas model dreadnaught" created a year before Taylor issued the J.C. model.

Long live Virginia Piedmont blues!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell