The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-12-2017, 07:22 PM

Default Axe-Fx with a Line-Array PA

I am interested in purchasing an Axe-Fx soon in the future but have a greater intention right now of purchasing a small at home based PA system for acoustic playing and singing practice.

I would like to be able to plug my future Axe-Fx into the same PA System. After many hours of internet research I have found very few examples of others using a Bose L1, JBL Eon One or Mackie with an Axe-Fx.

I would like one inclusive system for electric and acoustic with vocal work too. A size and base module recommendation would help as well. I play acoustic and electric baritone guitars as well.

Fractal recommends full range speakers like QSC K-10's.

Does anyone here use a line-array personal PA with an Axe-Fx?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2017, 01:23 AM

I use the Bose L1 Compact with a Line 6 Helix (which also sounds best to me through FRFR speakers - which the Bose L1s are). I've used it with some bigger PAs too including the Bose L1 Model 2, but as long as I'm not going for insane volume, the L1 Compact sounds great.

I also use a couple of 3Sigma acoustic IRs with the acoustic side of my Crowdster into the Helix.

So your Axe Fx should also sound at least as good through a true FRFR personal line array.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:27 AM

StewRacing,

Here's a link to a discussion on the Kemper forum about using Bose L1 products with the Kemper Profiler.

I use both the L1® Compact and L1® Model II with my Kemper Profiler and after decades of searching for my guitar rig, this is it.

I've no intention of comparing the Kemper to the Axe-FX except to say that they fit in the same place in the signal chain.

ST
Old 01-14-2017, 10:18 AM

ST, thank you. That is the most I have been able to read on the subject with the Bose systems. I imagine the JBL is set up similar. Same price as the Bose compact, only with added bass. I know from the response I got from the Fractal Sales email they do not recommend Bose but rather 2 full range speakers set up in stereo. Than again I doubt a lot of there customers need the same system for acoustic work. I only found one video on YouTube of an Axe-Fx going into a Bose. Might be worth a shot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification