The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-14-2016, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

It's been replaced with the American Professional Series https://www.fender.com/articles/gear...s?tag=electric....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 12-14-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
Just out of curiousity, given how great the American Standard line sounds, does anyone know why Fender would have discontinued them?
They discontinued them and replaced them with the new American Professional series. I think they thought (and rightly so) that it was confusing to have a MIM standard and a USA standard. So now they'll have a Standard that is made in Mexico and a Professional made in the USA.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
All is forgiven and congrats on the new Strat. One of the things that continues to amaze me is how far $$$ go in the electric world after getting accustomed to acoustic pricing...
If you don't mind skipping the American big 2 (musicman is pretty pricey as well, but in many cases there are unique features that bring up the price) it is downright RIDICULOUS what you can get.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
I was knocking around a bit with one of these:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/A...e-Fretboard.gc

and playing with the controls/amp I got it to give off a funky/chunky Nile Rodgers sound, just incredible. I love acoustic, but I can see why so many gravitate towards electric - strings are like butter to play, the sounds coming out of that thing are incredible. Wife won't let me play one in the apartment but someday...
I don't know what's wrong with my brain but that lefty strat in the link looks wrong. So wrong that I clipped a screen shot and put into my photo editor and flipped it. And guess what? A perfectly normal strat. Weird. I've seen plenty of leftys but that one threw me.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:53 AM

Congrats!! Is it a Strat or Tele?
Old 12-15-2016, 10:21 AM

Default Strat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
Really, I did. I love my Martins and haven't even felt the need for another guitar.

But......there are good deals out there now, and there is a guitar I've found interesting for quite a while, and now the prices are just too good.....so I had to get a Fender American Standard.

Forgive me.
I sold mine a while back to fund another acoustic. Now guess what.....want another strat but thinking of piecing one together to get the vintage V neck. Does anybody know which is the thin neck that just looks like a dream to play?
Old 12-15-2016, 11:46 AM

Congrats! The American Standard line was/is a great value, especially with some of the blowout pricing to make room for the Professional series.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarlifestyle View Post
Congrats! The American Standard line was/is a great value, especially with some of the blowout pricing to make room for the Professional series.
Yeah, they've just about got me. I've been gassing for a USA tele for quite a while now. I have a USA deluxe Strat, but a tele is just a whole different animal with its own sound and feel, for me a very very comfortable feel. This thread is probably gonna cost me about $1,000.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Congrats!! Is it a Strat or Tele?
A Stratocaster!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars